Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
Same with scopes. We can’t all spend $2K-$4K on Glass. Some of us have a pretty strict budget of under $1K. What’s sad are those who shit on that.

Ahh... so now I guess I’m “playing” the part of a Gunsmith?

Must mean I’m “playing” at being a Knifemaker because I don’t pound on garbage steel with a hammer & anvil, huh? Because everyone knows a “FORGED” knife is the best & only custom knife, right?
I have yet to use my Strike Eagle 5-25x56 firing live rounds, but since mounted to the rifle, lying prone on my trailer deck, getting it focused properly to my eye. I'm not regretting it just yet. Did a basic tracking test using a yardstick and plumbob. Not exactly perfect or scientific but it was 100% spot on as far as i could tell. The farthest i've looked thru it is 488 yards at a tree. Beautiful clear sunny day, i can see the tree bark as if i were standing there. All of that said, i still want the Leupold MK5HD im saving for. I think this optic (if it holds up) is 100% worth the $700 i spent on it. I, in no way, Expect it to be a MK5 in 5-25x56. Nope, not at all. $700 vs $2,700 (local prices) is a massive difference. Just like i would not expect the center point scope from walmart for $80 to be on par with my Strike Eagle.
Now do i expect my savage barreled action ($1,100 invested) to be on par with a custom action, custom barrel, custom trigger a close to $3000 or more. No, no i do not. I do however, i do know you would be hard pressed to buy a barreled action, on a trued action, that has a very high probability of being less than MOA for $1,100 anywhere else.