Thread: Anyone Picked Up A Woox Wild Man?

Anyone Picked Up A Woox Wild Man?

I've been looking at purchasing a Woox Wild Man stock for my old Model 10 short action and was wondering if anyone on here has anything to share about this stock before I pull the trigger (pun intended).

Banned
    Definitely unique. Can’t see any problem, being an Aluminum Chassis. And for less that $600...no bedding needed, not prone to needing playing around with special Action screw torque, etc. Looks decent performance wise. If you dig the style, I say go for it!

Team Savage
    Not my style but, if I was out and about and spotted one, I sure would give it a real close look.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

I was looking for something to replace the synthetic stock on one of my old hunting rifles. So after going back and forth I decided to go for it and purchased one for under $500 after mil discount. I'll post pics after I get it in.

I'd really like to see one in person. Definitely post some pictures please.

Basic Member
    I've handled all three styles of the WOOX stocks. They are made really good, but were heavier than I wanted for my new custom action build, so I just bought another KRG Bravo.

Banned
    They are about 6oz difference. Bravo uses polymer forend & buttstock. But no dice for Savage anyway. I do prefer the Whiskey-3...MUCH heavier than either....although ALL Aluminum. Way a proper* Chassis should be. Well..that’s my opinion. I’m disabled anyway & not worrying about carrying it around.

Yeah I looked at KRG but no dice for Savage since they discontinued the 180 Alpha. I'm excited to see how this Woot chassis shoots when I get everything together.

Txhillbilly Pictures coming once I receive it!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    They are about 6oz difference. Bravo uses polymer forend & buttstock. But no dice for Savage anyway. I do prefer the Whiskey-3...MUCH heavier than either....although ALL Aluminum. Way a proper* Chassis should be. Well..that’s my opinion. I’m disabled anyway & not worrying about carrying it around.
    The Bravo weighs 2.9 lbs, The Woox Exactus weighs 4.1 lbs. Big difference! I also have a Whiskey 3 on another custom build, it's a great chassis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
    The Bravo weighs 2.9 lbs, The Woox Exactus weighs 4.1 lbs. Big difference! I also have a Whiskey 3 on another custom build, it's a great chassis
    Sure..... except the OP stated HE’S getting the “Wild Man”, not the Exactus...the Wild Man being 3.2lbs. OR.... about 6oz more than the KRG Bravo. As I said.

Well Woox says it shipped so I’ll post pictures soon and actual weights. Gonna throw a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 on it.

Banned
    The Wild Man...right Dave? Which was the focus of your thread. Or did you get the Exactus? Mentioned by someone in a failed & misleading attempt at discrediting my statements.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    The Wild Man...right Dave? Which was the focus of your thread. Or did you get the Exactus? Mentioned by someone in a failed & misleading attempt at discrediting my statements.
    Dave, I ordered the Wild Man as I wanted something better than an OE stock but I didn't want the weight of a full blown chassis so I can still carry the rifle in the backcountry.

As for the shipping it still says label created awaiting item from shipper so it's going to be a few more days before I get it.

Did you get the stock? What bottom metal are you using? My 110 Tactical bottom metal (Accurate-Mag from factory, I think) doesn't fit the Woox Furiosa I just got, so I'm wondering if yours did and if it did, what magazine type works? How wide is the inlet on yours?

Apologies for all the questions, but I already spent the money and I'm wondering if I need to spend upwards of $180 more to use the Woox I just got... before I even buy magazines.

Edit: I'm going to start a new thread with my results from talking with Woox.
    Last edited by gc_gc; 11-03-2021 at 05:04 PM. Reason: New information