Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
If velocity is always the most important metric to gauge the value of a cartridge may I interest you in my new wildcat the 6mm-50BMG?”

HAHAHA.... Funny, I did like that. But obviously we know it’s not a viable concept. I believe it’s actually been tried... Someone called it a 50BMG-243 or something. I’ve only read about it..never seen it. The problem is, and the reason the powder/velocity % correlation you used is moot, is that a given projectile needs exponentially more pressure to reach higher velocities. Simply using larger & larger cases becomes futile above a certain threshold. I’m not interested in MAX velocity. I’m interested in the CORRECT velocity given diameter, weight & length of the projectile. There is a reason people don’t load the ultra heavy 220gr 30cal pills in 308. And it’s NOT oal, as we’ve been playing with that forever! The given powder column is insufficient to reach stabilizing velocity.

Although, more velocity was not my argument. I was simply pointing out the powder/velocity percentage argument as fallible.

The fact is the arc was another attempt at stimulating the “more-better-er” mindset in much the AR15 enthusiast crowd. The 6.5 Grendel was a failure(not completely like the 300Whisper, but pretty bad). However, the 300aac was a hit.. go figure. The 6mm projectile is UBER popular, and they are trying to tap into that.

And once again I’ll say it... if it tickles your fancy, have at it. But I’ll continue listing actual credible evidence we’ve seen. The Grendel cartridge was NO accuracy wonder as it was touted. It never achieved any shooting greatness in the sport. And remember, it’s ok if we disagree. Certainly no need to hurl attacks as *some feel the need.
Absolutely man. I was just being goofy about the 6mm-50BMG.