Thread: 6mm arc

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

6mm arc

I see savage is offering this caliber. Anyone have one that can comment on it? Won’t even consider until I get bullets and brass. Seems like a great caliber from what I have read so far. Appreciate any comments.
    Savage 10 FCP-SR 308, 300BO PCS

Basic Member
    A couple different guys have 6 ARC at our range, one is using it with an IR scope to hunt coyote at night. He likes is. Doesn't reload so he save the brass for me. I am thinking of rebarreling a Model 11 to it. Just to be different from all the 6 CM, 6 Dasher and 6BR out there.

Banned
    Was never a fan of the 6.5 Grendel and I’m equally not a fan of the 6mm “GRENDEL”! There are better options of cartridges to drive 6mm, namely...almost any of them! BTW.... It has already existed for years as the 6mm Dasher! And the Dasher is far superior! But then, so are the 6x47, 6mm GT, 6mm Creedmoor, and IMO, the 243 Win.

It’s another “Redux”....very similar to the 300 Whisper, brought back as the 300 Blackout, by AAC. And it’s unfortunately, USUALLY the AR market that does these things. As much as I love the AR(although, I’ve been an PURIST since 2005! Not a bandagon’eer!), this market is full of more nonsense, & made up gimmicks for the ignorant, than just about any other.

The 6mm AR is part of the AR15 “Flavor of the month” cartridge club. If you are are doing a bolt gun, there are far better 6mm options.

Basic Member
    I don't know...
    We have an AR in the Grendel and liked it so much we got two Howa's in it.
    So far an out standing deer round with a 123. Is there better deer calibers of course.
    Depends on what your looking for.

Personally if it were me I would do the 6BR if you wanted a small 6mm. There is only about a grain or so difference in capacity and about 50fps difference in performance with the edge going to the BR. Also, the other nice things about the 6BR is the fact that there is multiple quality brass options out there and it fits a standard bolt face. The 6ARC is Hornady re-inventing the wheel...again and putting a cartridge that already existed in a shiny red package to sell to the shovel headed masses just like they did with the 6/6.5 Creedmoor, and 6.5PRC.

Banned
    So very true.