Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sighting in Issue

Basic Member

Many Nikon's were good, but, as far as I can tell Nikon does not manufacture or support their rifle scopes anymore. A few folks who have claimed to try to get warranty work done have said that the company will not repair the scopes. Nikon offers them credit for any other Nikon merchandise. If anyone has any other current experience with them then please share it.

Banned
    Exactly! Happened to WBM just last week!
    https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...-Nikon-Voucher

So if you have a Nikon & something happens to it, you’re SOL! But hey.... you get a nice VOUCHER for something else THEY sell. Maybe a camera....or a nice lens? LOL, no thanks.

Banned
    you all suck. no wonder its always you 4 giving input and nobody else regularly have to find a problem with what everyone says. piss up a rope. I figured it out finally your meager little life offers you nothing so you have to show how big (little men) you are on this web sight. great life guys hope your enjoying yourself. make a suggestion all of you find a problem with it **** off.

Gentlemen, I truly appreciate the info and all the fact checking. It helped me narrow it down. Though if I thought I was going to find this much drama in a gun forum I would have just asked the question to my mom’s bingo club. At least then I’d have the pleasure of laughing in front of them haha.
    Long story short, I ran down the local Scheels to do the swap since they make the Vortex warranty process so easy. They only had one Leupold VX5 and it had the Boone and Crocket reticle which I didn’t want. So I ended up with a NF SHV 4-14x50. I think I’m going to be pretty happy with this one. A little heavier than I would have liked but a few extra ounces on that Ultralite 28 Nosler will probably be helpful. It’s more of a truck gun than a pack gun anyway. That’s what the 6.5PRC is for. Again, I appreciate the help. And I’ll be praying for some of you. Just a little prayer at least.

Team Savage

Think you will be very happy with the NF even if a tad heavier than desired.

Banned
    Yes, you will be a NF fan for life! Sorry, didn’t realize NF was on the table. Their reticles are more to my liking....when you said you wanted a strictly hunting scope, I figured you were looking for a PLEX or BDC reticle. Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Yes, you will be a NF fan for life! Sorry, didn’t realize NF was on the table. Their reticles are more to my liking....when you said you wanted a strictly hunting scope, I figured you were looking for a PLEX or BDC reticle. Good stuff.
    I should have clarified. It’ll be 90% hunting but I love the reticles on the NF. I’m a big FFP fan and like the option to do holdovers. Sometimes when shooting at coyotes out here in the west you don’t have time to dial.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman#1 View Post
    you all suck. no wonder its always you 4 giving input and nobody else regularly have to find a problem with what everyone says. piss up a rope. I figured it out finally your meager little life offers you nothing so you have to show how big (little men) you are on this web sight. great life guys hope your enjoying yourself. make a suggestion all of you find a problem with it **** off.
    ???????????????? WTF?
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Team Savage

Problem solved, see reply #10 in this topic.

https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...-or-conversion

Basic Member
    Congrats on the pick. NF is one of those I'd like to own someday. Maybe if my Vortex ever breaks I can :)

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234