Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sighting in Issue

Banned

Ive driven a Mercedes wouldn't have one i'll keep my old twin I beam ford .can't wait to hear how much you know about that DAVE

Banned
    True no doubt
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    ​From the respective web sites.

Steiner is a Beretta Holding S.p.A. company

Burris Company is owned by Beretta Holding S.p.A

Banned
    ​From the respective web sites.

Burris Company is owned by Beretta Holding S.p.A
    Steiner is a Beretta Holding S.p.A. company
    Thank you for that Charlie.

Basic Member
    Was looking at some others.

Nightforce is made in Japan.

Athlon, except for their top line scope, are made in China.

Vista Outdoors owns Bushnell, Simmons, Weaver and Tasco

Schmidt&Bender are made in Germany and Hungary (most of the optics components seem to be made in Hungary).

Leupold is in Oregon. They sold Redfield to Academy Sports. There is some information that says they use Japanese optical components.
    [note: there is some conflict here since Vista/Weaver's site lists Redfield as one of their companies]

Zeiss and Swarovski are still based in Europe but have mfg facilities in other countries.

FWIW, I do not consider scopes made overseas to be less or better than any other. The buying and selling of different companies as well as component suppliers is not clear in many cases. A scope that is assembled in a US facility with optics from China can still be labeled as made in the US. At the same time, a company like Swarovski owns companies in the US and South America that provide specialized optics mfg machines.

Also, even if a company uses optics made by someone like Zeiss, they may be purchasing lower quality items to keep costs down.

PS forgot Vortex. Their cheaper lines are made in China. The Vipers in the Philippines. Razors are made in Japan except for the AMG model, that is assembled in the US. Not clear if the optics are Japanese or US.

Basic Member
    Last one, SWFA. Lots of people seem to have good luck with these.

As far as I can tell this outdoors company gets their scopes from a factory in Japan, which some have said is a former Tasco factory. Can't confirm it.

Banned
    So smart didn't prove anything but the simple fact a select few are trying to run this websight what a joke what an A..Hole. started with me naming a few good scopes. and you all turn it in to a game of who knows the most. sad little people. cant let someone else say something without trying to one up them very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman#1 View Post
    what a joke what an A..Hole.
    Yes you are !! I swear you were banned last year. Anyone remember "Mikie"
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Nightforce is made in Japan.
    Japan has alway's been a leader in quality optics glass, but to my chagrin when my first
    NF 15-55x52 DDR2 Comp came in nothing on the box or the paper work said "Japan" !!
    Turn the scope over and there it was. The Burris 8-40 F-class scope I have on my short
    course rifle I knew was made in the Philipine's. Out standing glass compared to my
    Bushnell Elites.

Banned
    Hey water boy Philippines makes some good scopes such as NIKON Your Butting in where you don't belong though. you give it out your going to get it back 3 fold!

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
    Yes you are !! I swear you were banned last year. Anyone remember "Mikie"

Banned

Still for sale at my local stores maby he could get one before there gone. had some of mine for probably 20 years.
    Probably couldn't get one from there unless your local hardware store ships. Where they at?

This thread just gets weirder and weirder.

Back to topic though - anybody had any experience with the Sig scopes? I've found a decent deal on some and am curious as to their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by trolson90 View Post
    This thread just gets weirder and weirder.

Back to topic though - anybody had any experience with the Sig scopes? I've found a decent deal on some and am curious as to their performance.
    Sigs have had mixed reviews over pricing and where they are built. Like Vortex, some lines
    come out of China. There is or was to be built a Sig optics plant in Oregon. On another note,
    look up Trijicon and Sightron. If your really feeling foggy, Kahles, March, and Schmidt and Bender.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post
    Sigs have had mixed reviews over pricing and where they are built. Like Vortex, some lines
    come out of China. There is or was to be built a Sig optics plant in Oregon. On another note,
    look up Trijicon and Sightron. If your really feeling foggy, Kahles, March, and Schmidt and Bender.
    I would love a Kahles, or a NF. Or even a Revic, was able to use one a couple years back and it was nice. All of those are a bit far out of my current budget though. Found a Leupold VX-5HD from the local Sportsman's with the impact reticle I think I might go for.

Basic Member
    I guess if I went off of experience I'd not get another Leupold. Had one that a turret broke. Sent it back and took almost 4 months for them to fix and return. I had to pay postage to them and was not reimbursed. This was in 1983, pistol scope on a TC Contender. Not more than 200 rounds through it when it broke.

But, I would probably buy another if they made one that fit my uses and budget.

OTOH I have a cheap Tasco that has been on several rifles over the past 30+ years and still works great. Right now it is on a .54 muzzleloader.

I like doing a lot of research when I am looking for a scope. That's why all the information on optics sources.

My engineering career was in high power lasers so optics were where I spent a lot of time. Modern machinery and materials processing has made the ability to produce really good optics available to just about anyone who wants to start up a business. IMHO, this is why China and the Philippines can produce some good glass.

Banned
    well there you go from the expert buy a TASCO if it goes bad throw it away get another one used Bushnell Simmons Tasco they all work so this whole thing was for nothing!

Banned
    Sorry trolson 90 your question from all the other input my local academy sports & outdoors still has nikon might check online. another one too look at is RITON SCOPES VET OWNED money back lifetime guarantee period check them i like mine.

Basic Member
    ROFLMAO

But, I guess if you are an expert everyone should just use what you do. If they don't they must be stupid

Banned
    ROFLMAO o the 4 little stars said **** you

But, I guess if you are an expert everyone should just use what you do. If they don't they must be stupid
    just trying to help a guy there are about 4 of you who are real assholes **** you now you happy. someone had a better suggestion than you!

Banned
    sad bunch of old men on here nobody can say anything but them or they try to run you off

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trolson90 View Post
    I would love a Kahles, or a NF. Or even a Revic, was able to use one a couple years back and it was nice. All of those are a bit far out of my current budget though. Found a Leupold VX-5HD from the local Sportsman's with the impact reticle I think I might go for.
    Can’t go wrong with the Leupold VX line. Remember, the VX3 & VX5 are optically identical. Just offer 3:1 or 5:1 zoom. I believe them to be among the best HUNTING scopes. Every Leupold I’ve ever looked through was very nice....some were very, VERY nice!! I would LOVE to get into one of their Mark line.. Mark5 maybe. Just out of of price range, LOL! If you can swing the VX5, I say go for it! You won’t be disappointed.

Banned
    amen to that cant go wrong there have one on my 1917 eddystone

Basic Member
    just trying to help a guy there are about 4 of you who are real assholes **** you now you happy. someone had a better suggestion than you!

Never made a suggestion, at all.

Banned
    The Riton scopes look decent. However, I believe there are other options with as good to better quality, better features at around the same price point. They are owned by servicemen, which is cool.... Frankly I don’t really care as far as choosing a scope. Their scopes are STILL made in China like most in this price range. Although they make a point a point to stick in China OR JAPAN, “depending on price”.... What people don’t understand is this means the price it cost THEM! So I’m other words, ALL their scopes are made in China. Which is fine with me.....just not too fond of making a big deal about it being “Veteran owned”. But I guess if that is a big selling point to some, go for it!

I was a big fan of Nikon many years ago. They still make a halfway “decent” scope, but their better scopes are just WAY overpriced! Like the Monarch 7 for instance. Another issue is there is no way of keeping track of where it was made, and there have been some questions of their Warranty. Remember, NikonUSA doesn’t even MENTION their rifle scopes! Nikon is a CAMERA company which happens to sell rifle scopes. But if you happen to find one you like at a good price, have at it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast