Thread: Advise on Elite Precision action/trigger spring

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Advise on Elite Precision action/trigger spring

Recently did a out of box inspection and clean on my new 100 Elite Precision in 6.5 CM.
    Noticed the end of a spring protruding out 1/8" from the action on right side under the closed bolt handle.
    Being new to Savages, I have never seen this before nor can I locate any pics on line showing this
    area. The spring tension appears to be affected by movement of the safety mechanism.
    Is this normal? Have a call in to Savage CS 5 days ago, but no response so far.

Somehow the safety retaining spring may not have been installed correctly. That spring should look the same on both sides of the trigger hanger
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Hmm.. it’s really easy to post a picture. Use your phone, upload picture on here: https://imgbb.com/ After uploading, click on picture & hit the “About” up/down arrows on the left and copy the BBCode. Finish by simply pasting the copied link. It’s insanely easy.

Without seeing it, the only “Spring” I can think is the the straight leg of the Accutrigger spring positioned in a pin hole drilled in the receiver tang. I’ve never thought of really looking at it though. My Accutriggers use a custom setup. It certainly shouldn’t be protruding 1/8” though??

Nevermind... safety is blocking the spring from sight. It’s what Robin said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Hmm.. it’s really easy to post a picture. Use your phone, upload picture on here: https://imgbb.com/ After uploading, click on picture & hit the “About” up/down arrows on the left and copy the BBCode. Finish by simply pasting the copied link. It’s insanely easy.

Without seeing it, the only “Spring” I can think is the the straight leg of the Accutrigger spring positioned in a pin hole drilled in the receiver tang. I’ve never thought of really looking at it though. My Accutriggers use a custom setup. It certainly shouldn’t be protruding 1/8” though??

Nevermind... safety is blocking the spring from sight. It’s what Robin said.

My bad. Thought new members could not post any attachments (including pics).
    Hopefully this works.

Banned
    Well, it seams to be proprietary to the Elite. Looks like it’s taking the place of a pin. Not sure.

But seems to be normal. Here it is in another pictured rifle from online.
    https://blog.galleryofguns.com/post/...lite-precision

EDIT: it’s part of the Accutrigger. Like Robin said. Here it is. Just the angle looked weird in the pic.

Banned
    The Elite action appears different from the standard model 10. I like it...looks seriously beefed up!

Something looks odd about the back end of the action.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    Right?? It looks proprietary on the Elite. Weird indeed. But I do like it would love to find it in a stripped Action.