Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions Questions Questions

Banned

Rifleman, you are the only one uh, “boxing” there chief. For some reason, you are reading everyone’s posts with an negative attitude & inflection. Nothing I’ve said has been directed towards you, and I haven’t read anyone else’s post that was aimed directly at you. For the second time, NO ONE is admonishing YOUR choice. This is a conversation, and it’s OK if we do different things....and talk about it. I’m not really sure what you’re after, or why you set your anger towards me. I didn’t call you out a single time. Many of us here posting in this thread have known each other online for several years. The last page Charlie & I have been going back & forth. What ever I say isn’t an abject to you! I’m sorry you feel like it is. But that’s you projecting...the ANGRY voice inflection you hear in your head while reading my post. And that simply isn’t me. Ask some of the guys here. Or peruse through some of my older posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Orezona View Post
    Robinhood, where did you find a penny that was made of copper? I haven't seen one years!

Cash was used a lot when my bride and I first got married. So as we collected pennies in the penny jar( an old Ozarka 5 gallon water bottle) from change, and after it got abut half full, we started rolling them up by year. I knew that copper had increased in value many years ago when they stopped making them as my dad was a small time coin collector. So we marked all the rolls and she eventually took all of the 1982 and newer ones down and got cash for them I haven't been able to get rid of those memories but I guessed this was as good of time to use them as any.

We used to see silver coins show up every now and then. Dimes and quarters mostly but that was a long time ago. My eye still catches an old copper penny if it lands in my hand. It is interesting to see the differences in the stamping. The old pennies had much deeper impressions and more pronounced lettering, edge and Lincolns bust too. I cleaned some up in my metal pin tumbler as I didn't think any were valuable. I got my glasses out and was amazed by the difference I had never taken time to see.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    We are just trying to find out why things work. I have known how ammonia reacts with copper but never knew how the non-ammonia solutions worked until this thread get me started.

As I stated, the Kroil proprietary ingredient must be something interesting as the other listed items should not turn copper to a blue solution.

And, yes, the SDS must have all the ingredients with a few exceptions (like water). If any are regarded a company secret then they are labeled such with the appropriate test results on toxicity, flammability, etc. Of the solutions I looked at for this thread the Kroil SDS was the only one to list a proprietary ingredient.

I've been through this before when researching bullet lubricants for cast bullets as well. It is quite interesting as some "special" products by some companies are really just common chemicals combined in a slightly different mix. But, they probably would not sell much if they admitted their product could be made at home for 1/10 the price. Some of the black powder cleaners/lubes are the worst offenders in this area.

Banned
    UM HUM runs rampant in these web sights you post something and everyone tries to cut you off at the knees. Chuck Norris still isn't selling his peeeee . O any you insinuating im angry and have something in my head is what? I'm not a social media person for this exact reason good day old chap.

Hey brother. Like you, I think Kroil is good stuff. I was very interested in your results. I did a subjective test in hopes I would find something new.

Right this second I am looking at a penny sitting in Kroil. After twenty hours, there is zero sign of the copper being attacked. I have asked others to perform the same test so that they could see what I am a witness too. I have zero agenda with the exception to clear things up. I was hoping that the results would clarify things. It was in the best interest for everyone to verify your claim in the manner it was done. Knowledge is power.

Banned
    Oh boy.... ok, The Chuck Norris comment had nothing to do with you. It was an inside joke. Cutting ME off at the knees?? I suggest you read the comments on page 1 and the back & forth.

So sorry you misinterpreted what I said as an attack on you. I promise you it wasn’t....I don’t know you. Trust me, you’re not even on my radar! But if you’d like, I’ll not comment on your threads from now on partner. Have a good one.

Team Savage

Kroil patches through my heavily fouled Mauser barrel were black, never blue, bore condition verified with $50 Teslong borescope.

The first two are Kroil only, wet patches through bore until dripping from muzzle, 24hr soak, dry patched out and repeated 3 consecutive days.

After that process, I ran Cu+2 patches through bore until dripping from muzzle, let sit 15mins, dry patched out and checked with borescope. First pass revealed most of the copper was gone so repeated process a second time. After second round I ran the borescope through again rotating full diameter and sweeping full length, entire bore is down to metal.

Banned
    those 4 spots are entirely different spots in the barrel. compare the pictures. also its so rough the copper may help it. bore scope does not determine how a rifle shoots that dirty old thing may shoot dimes like my Argentine. cheers . and your pulling peoples leg .every time over 30+ years i have used Kroil i have got greenish (blue)if you like patches.

Banned
    That said i will try the Bore Tech cu2 faster is always better sounds like a good product. cheers

Banned
    Hey wait a minute Bore Tech 2 may be Chuck Norris Pee.?

Lets see, the last time 99 K 30 30 was on was the 26th. You sign up on the 27th. Clown.

Banned
    Ei Ei Ei O smart one there

Team Savage

New add to my ignore list.

Banned
    Thank You

Welcome.

LOL! All these years I thought bears were the easiest animals to bait!

Banned
    What I find amusing is someone new to a forum, making a thread titled “Questions, Questions, Questions”, continues to ask about cleaning his rifle.. CLEANING!!?? Then proceeds to TELL others what IS! In a forum FULL of very experienced competition & avid shooters, Instructors, professional & home Gunsmiths/Firearms builders and machinists! More than I’ve seen in many other forums. Comical.

Anyway, I wonder what name Rifleman1, 99 K 30-30 or Larry Root might post under next.

But ours is a temperate zone. Are you suggesting coco-nuts are migratory?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Anyway, I wonder what name Rifleman1, 99 K 30-30 or Larry Root might post under next.
    I am sure we will find out. He sure proved himself as a troll of the third kind..

Quote Originally Posted by wbm View Post
    LOL! All these years I thought bears were the easiest animals to bait!
    I'm guilty for being gulable for sure.

Nah.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123