Thread: In trouble with the bolt.

Lightbulb In trouble with the bolt.

Ladies and Gents,

I am an almost happy user of a B-Mag 17WSM Synthetic for 2 months now. I have done some filling and bedding in the stock, I now have those fliers very rarely.... Hitting rabbits and foxes up to 200m, standing with a shooting tripod. In general, I am happy with the gun... HOWEVER... What a heck savage did with that bolt, for God sake?! Plastic cap??? Really???? That wobbling??? Lack of Engineering Project or Stubborn of the Factory to reinvent the wheel and change a basic bolt project that would avoid all this drama...??? I regret we will never know....

So, once my heart is now open and my complaints are said, I am here to please ask if any of you have to sell, or if any of you can make them for me (happy to pay for it), or if you have any recommendation of any webstore where I can buy the parts to make the bolt to work fine. I am asking this because I DO NOT have the tools to make them myself, ok?

I am looking for something like this: https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...Bmag-bolt-mods , that will fix the problem and give me a good time shooting and using the bolt.

NOTE TO ADM/MODERATORS: Please, feel free to replace the thread in any other place it fits better, ok? Thank you in advance.

Thank you all for your comments.

All the best.

The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcos.paulo.la View Post
    Ladies and Gents,

I am an almost happy user of a B-Mag 17WSM Synthetic for 2 months now. I have done some filling and bedding in the stock, I now have those fliers very rarely.... Hitting rabbits and foxes up to 200m, standing with a shooting tripod. In general, I am happy with the gun... HOWEVER... What a heck savage did with that bolt, for God sake?! Plastic cap??? Really???? That wobbling??? Lack of Engineering Project or Stubborn of the Factory to reinvent the wheel and change a basic bolt project that would avoid all this drama...??? I regret we will never know....

So, once my heart is now open and my complaints are said, I am here to please ask if any of you have to sell, or if any of you can make them for me (happy to pay for it), or if you have any recommendation of any webstore where I can buy the parts to make the bolt to work fine. I am asking this because I DO NOT have the tools to make them myself, ok?

I am looking for something like this: https://www.savageshooters.com/showt...Bmag-bolt-mods , that will fix the problem and give me a good time shooting and using the bolt.

NOTE TO ADM/MODERATORS: Please, feel free to replace the thread in any other place it fits better, ok? Thank you in advance.

Thank you all for your comments.

All the best.
    I totally understand your frustration, if I had seen the picture below of a B-Mag review before I bought mine I would have never bought one. Take note of the damage to the stock caused by the poor bolt design, I didn't want mine to look like that.

The link you are referring to in your post was my solution to keep the bolt from going down too early and it's probably the only one like it in the world, sorry I won't modify anyone else's bolt. I hope Savage is re-thinking their design.