Thread: Boyds Pro Varmint on my B22FV magnum

Boyds Pro Varmint on my B22FV magnum

I've bought boyds stocks a few times in the past. That said, every time i did, it took quite a bit of fitting and bedding to really be pleased with them. This time i ordered one for my year old B22FV due to not being able to hold groups off hand, AND off the bipod the same. To much stock flex. Well this time the rifle fits the stock better than it did in the OEM one. I know Boyds is under new ownership. Has anyone else noticed a recent increase in quality to them. Or did i just get a lucky perfect fitting stock. Oh and the rifle can make jagged holes at 50 yards with no wind using 30g v-max. Also the magazine fits better in the Boyds than the OEM.

NO I WAS NOT DRINKING AND SHOOTING
    the beer was no good from being forgotten in a truck for a full 97* day. So it makes for nice exploding targets lol

These photos show how well the rifle fits and the specs/price of my custom order.

Very nice. Black is beautiful in this case.
    Semper Fi

Sgt USMC 66-72

Basic Member
    Looks nice.

I've also got a Pro Varmint on my Mark II -

I've had it a year or so, and other than opening up the barrel channel slightly in a couple spots it didn't require fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
    Looks nice.

I've had it a year or so, and other than opening up the barrel channel slightly in a couple spots it didn't require fitting.
    that looks like all the ones i've bought in the past, notice the forearm is totally different on the new stock its wider, deeper from the barrel, and flatter on the bottom.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nathantc View Post
    that looks like all the ones i've bought in the past, notice the forearm is totally different on the new stock its wider, deeper from the barrel, and flatter on the bottom.

I wonder if they changed the design overall, or just made the change for the B22.

Looks nice.

is that the SWFA fixed power scope ya got on there. if so what power and how are you liking it. Thinking of getting the 10x with the side focus for both my 22wmr and 7.62x39 build.

Basic Member
    is that the SWFA fixed power scope ya got on there. if so what power and how are you liking it. Thinking of getting the 10x with the side focus for both my 22wmr and 7.62x39 build.

Yes, it's the standard rear parallax SWFA 10x 42. I have a 10x on the Mark II and a 12x on the .308 FCP.

Basic, but optically very good and solid all around.

Yes, it's the standard rear parallax SWFA 10x 42. I have a 10x on the Mark II and a 12x on the .308 FCP.

Basic, but optically very good and solid all around.
    I've never owned a fixed 10x scope. My current one on the b22 is a cheap $30 amazon 6-24x that i had from a rifle trade. It works, holds zero, the turrets some times done work lol. It works ok but lives on 10x as that seems to be just right for the varminting that i use it for. Seen the SWFA on one of Cyclops Videos Joe W Rhea reviews. Seems perfect for 50-200 yard varminting. Really leaning towards ordering 2 of them. Not sure if the side focus is worth the extra $100 over the rear focus or not. They look like quality glass for basic rifles.

Basic Member
    I've never owned a fixed 10x scope. My current one on the b22 is a cheap $30 amazon 6-24x that i had from a rifle trade. It works, holds zero, the turrets some times done work lol. It works ok but lives on 10x as that seems to be just right for the varminting that i use it for. Seen the SWFA on one of Cyclops Videos Joe W Rhea reviews. Seems perfect for 50-200 yard varminting. Really leaning towards ordering 2 of them. Not sure if the side focus is worth the extra $100 over the rear focus or not. They look like quality glass for basic rifles.
    I considered the side focus, which I would like better, but I don't think there is any other difference. The $100 additional on a $300 scope kinda sealed it for me. They do make a HD version as well, which some say is better and others say is not.

I don't think you would be disappointed with the standard model.