I was at my private rifle/gun range Friday and they were having a make up session of 22lr competitive shooting, so I was unable to shoot at the outdoor range, so i decided to stick around and see what a match was like. There were 11 people with all levels of 22lr rifles and optics one could imagine. From plane Jane 100% factory stock 10/22's to rigs costing $1K's. I almost instantly knew I wanted to do this and decided to buy as accurate a 22lr rifle as I could afford given my current financial commitments with one son heading off to collage and needing to buy at least 3 vehicles in the next 6-18 months.

My price range was under $600 OTD. I asked the guys at the match and they said for that price range either a Savage or Tikka T1X would likely be my best bet. I found a Savage B22 in 22lr and based on the stellar accuracy reviews I found I ordered the ONLY one I found in stock on line or ANYWHERE for that matter. I chose the Savage because the Tikka and the Savage were within $5 of each other and I really liked the fact The savage came in a MDT chassis and was considerably heavier and felt the savage was an all around better bargain. I also own three Savage rifles and all are far more accurate than anyone has a rite to expect from a affordably priced 100% factory rifle.

I then began researching 22lr ammo and the B22 precision rifle in general.

Than I found enough videos and on line complaints about the B22 Precision rifle having issues with the bolt damaging rounds in the mag while chambering a new round, problems extracting fired cases and feeding issues with loading and or possibly feeding from their magazines that there could be an actual defect with (most likely) the mag or rifle itself and has cause me some concern. But none of the videos or postings I found were dated any later than 2018 so I am hoping IF there was an actual flaw with the rifle or mag that Savage addressed it and mine being a (hopefully) 2020/2021 production rifle it wont have any feeding or extraction issues.

The LAST thing I want to do is have to return a brand new rifle for repair of a factory defect.

So I am asking those who are far more knowledgeable than I and have considerable experience with the B22 Precision rifle how likely am I going to encounter the fallowing issues that have occurred at least to some degree of frequency that I have read about or seen detailed in videos:

#1-Bolt damaging rounds in the magazine as it chambers a round
#2-Failures to extract a fired casing
<>Issues #1 & #2 will mandate I return the rifle to savage to be fixed
#3-Magazines being extremely difficult to load. This issue i am less concerned about as based on what I have read as if I do have issues with the mags there are ways to overcome it.

So do the above issues with the B22 Precision rifle I listed still occur with any degree of frequency or has savage addressed them?