Thread: 2 issures with B22: Not ejecting and want lower trigger pull weight

2 issures with B22: Not ejecting and want lower trigger pull weight

First time out with B22 and it doesn't eject the cartridges. It extracts them but doesn't shoot them out of the breach. Any suggestions?
    Next would be to lower the trigger pull weight. Can someone verify that I need 1.5lb safety spring Item # 105265 and sear item number 105268? These are the varmint accutrigger parts numbers I found to replace the standard parts in my standard accutrigger.

Thanks in advance

Jerry

Basic Member

Thumbs Up

HI- For your ejection prob I'm not sure. Is everything 'de-greased' on the bolt? You should dis-assemble the bolt to A) clean the inside of excess grease and any mfg debris (I found several chips inside my bolt). There's a vid that J.Baker (owner of this site) created on YT and this site, showing how to do this properly. Then, you need to 'round off' a sharp corner where the locking pin rides. This was done on YT by Miles Sun - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1dzc9dYhw0, then see part two of his vid. B) For ejection, perhaps you aren't running the bolt 'fast/hard' enough - as they say "with authority". That may help ? I've read that some B22s need the ejector spring replaced- contact Savage for one, they've been very helpful to me. Email Customer Service.
    As for the lower trigger pull, have you searched on YT for "B22 mods" or "Accutrigger mods"? There are several things you can do to improve the pull. Two simple things are dis-assemble the trigger assy, polish any places that rub and leave everything 'dry-w/o oil'. And remove the 'main' trigger spring, heat it 'red-hot' with a lighter and allow it to cool slowly. This will reduce the tension. Then screw it back in as tight as you can get it. I did only those things and have my pull under 2#. I don't know about the part #s as I've not needed to go that route. Polishing, if you try that, should be done with 1000g wet/dry sandpaper with a drop of oil. This will give you a 'near-mirror' finish and polishing further is likely un-needed. BTW, I have a B22-FV with no other mods . . . so far. And I have a Covenant-4 FFP SF 6-24x50 on top.
    Good luck with your issues
    Ed
    Last edited by Fasteddie01; 06-06-2021 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added info

Ed

Thank you for your reply. Now I have a start with your suggestions
    Jerry