A while ago I decided I wanted to modernize the bolt knob on my Savage Mark II BV. I contacted a fellow in Ohio to grind the bolt knob, thread it and attach a new knob. I mailed the bolt assembly USPS Priority mail and the post office proceeded to lose the package. It took 1 month for them to find and return it to me. Obviously I was glad to get it back after thinking I'd never see it again. That was the end of my idea to redo the bolt knob.

BUT, over on Rimfire Central, (Savage Forum) a shooter started a topic on the KRG BOLT LIFT SV (small version) - ($35.00 including shipping). It's designed for a Remington 700 but is reported to fit other rifles. I decided to take a chance and ordered it. It came today and was easy to install. There are 2 sizes of rubber "O" rings included - 2 small and 2 large. I used both of the large rings. The fit is excellent, no gaps or movement and looks great. It's a bargain compared to what I was going to pay and doesn't have the risk of replacing a shipped irreplaceable bolt assembly.