So a friend of mine gets the new 110 Timberline in .308 and he picks a Burris Eliminator III scope for it. Burris two piece Extreme Tactical bases were purchased and we find out that this action has #8-40 screws and the Burris bases will not work because the screws are too small and they don't offer them with the #8-40 screws. So we get a Warne Maxima two piece base and mount up the scope. The Eliminator III scopes don't use rings as they have an integral machined base on the bottom of the scope that sits on the action bases and a special cross bolt goes into the cross slot and mates the scope to the base.

We found out that the scope cannot be zeroed, and its point of impact is 6" to the right of point of aim at 100 yards and the windage turret is all out of adjustment. The action on this 110 Timberline is supposed to be "blueprinted" and given that, I'm pretty sure that the base mounting holes are in the correct location on the action. I checked the bases installed on the action with a digital angle gauge and they are within a 1/2 degree of each other of being parallel.

I personally think it is the scope but I am at a loss. According to Burris it has 40" of windage adjustment, 20" to the left and right from mechanical zero. The mounts were installed in multiple combinations and still the same results. Any suggestions on what to do to determine what component is the problem? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.