Hello everybody, I have always admired Savage rifles for a long time. I am a thirty year wildland firefighter, and because of a right eye injury sustained on a wildfire years ago, I have had to always shoot left handed with all of my other long guns. I have always wanted a rifle that I could "reach way out there with". That being said, I finally found a lefty Savage Axis 6.5 Creedmor that was within my budget. It was easy to adapt to other right handed long guns, but a bolt action was different. This will be my first bolt action and first Savage, and I hope to have a scope mounted and ready for this Fall/Winter hunting season coming up. I do have a local gun dealer (also a Savage owner and fan) that will help me get set up soon. I have already learned a lot just by reading the other posts on this site. Glad to be here, and more than happy to finally have a Savage of my own. I'm sure I will upgrade to a higher end rifle in the future, but for now the Axis lefty should provide me with a good starting platform to learn with. Thanks for letting me join this awesome site.