Thread: Looking for a stock, does one such as this exist?

Basic Member

Looking for a stock, does one such as this exist?

I have a model 111 (long action, center feed, accu trigger, top bolt release) LEFT HAND. I built it probably 12-13 years ago. It has a choate ultimate varmint stock on it. At the time I built it and for several years after, I really liked the stock. Several years ago I had it inletted by CDI for their DBM using AICS style mags.

Well times have changed and I have changed. I have fallen out of love with this stock. I have grown more accustomed to and prefer a traditional style stock.
    I had built a 308 model 10 a few years ago and had the exact same stock. I have since ditched it and switch to a current production accu fit accu stock from a 110 tactical. I greatly prefer that style stock over the ultimate varmint. Plus the factory DBM seems to work a lot better.

So what I am wanting is a black synthetic stock with full length aluminum bedding, traditional style/shape buttstock, wide target style forend, barrel channel for a heavy barrel, and inletted for DBM that uses AICS style mags. Wanting something like, or the ability to use the accurate mag DBM: https://accurate-mag.com/shop/bottom...tom-metal-kit/
    I do NOT want a chassis system that uses AR15 style stocks and grips. I do not want a pistol grip of any type. Traditional style stock/grip only.
    I have seen the choate tactical, but the butt stock is not a traditional style and as far as height, does not look much different than the ultimate varmint. I have not really found much else. I might not be looking in the right places though, or may have over looked some.
    I thought about just trying to get a stock from a 110 tactical in 300 win mag 9since it is a long action), but it appears they only make that rifle in right hand.

So what else is out there and what am I over looking, as I am not finding much. Or does a stock that meets what I am looking for not exist?
    I really do not want a wood stock. If that was my only option, I will just stick with what I have.
    Remember this is for a LEFT HAND, long action, center feed, top bolt release.

If you can find a right handed stock that meets your criteria, it's easy enough to convert it to left handed by cutting a relief for the bolt in the correct place, filling in the right hand bolt cutout with epoxy.
    I usually drill a couple of tiny holes inside the bolt cutout to create a mechanical lock, then build a fence that follows the contour of the stock using tape and wax paper on both sides before filling with JB weld from the top. Then after it sets a minimal amount of filing to smooth any proud spots. Follow it up with a paint job of your choice if the slight variation in color bothers you. I like a sponge camo paint job. In my opinion it gives it that custom touch and is really easy to do.
    Here's a right handed factory unit I converted from right to left as well as shortening the stock and reshaping the recoil pad, bedding, making a kydex cheek riser etc.. on a model 11 .308 carbine project a few years ago.

Sometimes we just have to get creative.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Guessing from the lack of replies, there is not a stock out there that matches my desires.

Yea I suppose I could convert a right hand stock to left hand, but the texture would not match, plus I would have to paint it to cover up the epoxy filling in the right side bolt relief. I don't really like or want painted stocks.

I might just be sticking with what I have.

Team Savage
    Adapt, overcome and improvise.
    Tried getting a right hand BR style thumb hole stock for a "left hand" action. DOES NOT COMPUTE!! No comprende.
    Got a right hand thumb hole stock with a left hand mirror inlet. Bolt release on the left side???
    Only difference between a left and right action (10/110) is the bolt handle. Got the wrong cut stock and sold it in nothing flat.
    Got a full right hand stock, plugged the right bolt cut and re cut it on the left side. Black and grey laminated. Magic marker (black) blended the plug and covered it with clear. Can't tell where it was modified.
    Find the stock you want, do the plug thing, blend the colors and be done with it. Whatever you do to the stock will make it YOURS!!
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    Well, You have Manners, McMillan, and Stockade. They will build what you want, but you might die from waiting, before you actually get one.
    Oh, They aren't cheap either!

Team Savage
    Bondo in the right bolt handle cut, re cut on the left side, a little touch up paint and you're good to go. And it didn't hurt that much ($$) either.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

HS precision. Call them and see what they can do.

https://hsprecision.com/product/pst129/
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.