Thread: hello from camelbob

hello from camelbob

have just picked up a nice 1899 250-3000, made 1919. originally came out of Joplin Missouri. i just wanted one to play with but came on a little problem ----- while checking it out i found that ALL numbers match
    right down to the one on the steel screaming indian butt plate. the rotor - counter are still the ww 1 steel and it's never been drilled and tapped. the only sort of bad is the wood. the stock looks good as a somebody's side kick deer gun should but some of the dings are pretty deep looking like somebody wasn't watching their feet when coming down the mountain a couple times. they have weathered into the wood with a ton of years of gun oil so that they are not raw.
    would it be ok to have a MILD refinish on the stock and not hurt the value -------- not going to be sold as i am 74 and a couple kids and grand kids are jumping the line for it.
    it will not be hunted much as i live on a mtn' pass in wa. state with elk and mulies crapping in my yard plus i hunt Wyoming and places where big, hard hitting, flat shooting calibers are the order of the day. i don't want to screw it up.
    is there more value all matched etc.. and if so does any body have a guesstamte. the metal is nice, turning an even bluish white.
    sn# 196xxx
    thanks to all.
    cb
    P.S. -- used one of these to shoot my first mulie buck in 1959 at a place called okangan. the old man sold it when i was in nam.

Welcome to the forum.
    Everyday I wake up,is a good day. The day I don't wake up,it won't matter!

Basic Member
    Welcome from colorful Colorado

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Welcome to the FORUM

Welcome to the group. You might get a better response if you post your inquiry in the Vintage Savage section.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

thanks ------ how do i move it over there ------ having a hard time trying to figure out how to navigate in here.
    cb

Team Savage
    welcome aboard

could i get a hand here. i know i'm doing a good job of giving my impression of the village idiot but i am almost 74 and p.c. stupid. a guy was kind enough to tell me i would have better luck with my post at the vintage savage section but i found that but i looks like no one has been on it for some years and i don't know how to move my post over there.
    thanks
    cb

Quote Originally Posted by camelbob View Post
    could i get a hand here. i know I'm doing a good job of giving my impression of the village idiot but i am almost 74 and p.c. stupid. a guy was kind enough to tell me i would have better luck with my post at the vintage savage section but i found that but it looks like no one has been on it for some years and I don't know how to move my post over there.
    thanks
    cb
    You'll have to rewrite your request over in the Vintage forum. LOL! I'm 74 and no computer expert by any means!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    welcome from eastern kentucky. sounds like a really awesome 99 you have.