Thread: 2021 Hog Hunter 110 with DBM and Boyds Stock question

2021 Hog Hunter 110 with DBM and Boyds Stock question

Hello all,

I searched around and couldn't find an answer to this question - the last I saw on Boyds/Hog Hunter combos was a 2016 post so I figured I'd ask for updated information. I have a new manufacture (2021) Hog Hunter with the DBM and Bottom Bolt Release. I'd like to order an upgraded stock (Maybe a Heritage Model?) from Boyds and also do a conversion to AICS magazines. I'm struggling on a couple fronts - first, I can't seem to find the right pairing on Boyds, the 110 Short Actions seem to be linked to the tactical model, and the Hog Hunter Stocks seem to be tied to the older Model 11. So I guess my first question is whether or not the 110 Tactical stocks will work with the 110 Hog Hunter. My second question is whether anyone knows if it's possible to get a bottom metal that will work with that particular combo, and if so what suggestions they have to pick one up. I'm not really looking for a Chassis gun, just a decent wood stocked truck gun with AICS mags and iron sites (Ranch Rifle type duties). None of this may be possible, I just figured if anyone had done it, the answer would be around here. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by dsnitker View Post
    Hello all,

I searched around and couldn't find an answer to this question - the last I saw on Boyds/Hog Hunter combos was a 2016 post so I figured I'd ask for updated information. I have a new manufacture (2021) Hog Hunter with the DBM and Bottom Bolt Release. I'd like to order an upgraded stock (Maybe a Heritage Model?) from Boyds and also do a conversion to AICS magazines. I'm struggling on a couple fronts - first, I can't seem to find the right pairing on Boyds, the 110 Short Actions seem to be linked to the tactical model, and the Hog Hunter Stocks seem to be tied to the older Model 11. So I guess my first question is whether or not the 110 Tactical stocks will work with the 110 Hog Hunter. My second question is whether anyone knows if it's possible to get a bottom metal that will work with that particular combo, and if so what suggestions they have to pick one up. I'm not really looking for a Chassis gun, just a decent wood stocked truck gun with AICS mags and iron sites (Ranch Rifle type duties). None of this may be possible, I just figured if anyone had done it, the answer would be around here. TIA.
    I'm new to the 110, but my understanding is (and I could be wrong) that newer models can interchange stocks. Have you reached out to Boyd's and asked them about compatibility? Also what caliber are you working with. It appears they only have Long Action available for the bottom bolt release, so far.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

There are so many variations of the bottom frame for a dbm. some it is built in. Some are for factory and some ar for various manufacture mags.

Find a picture of the exact bottom metal you on the internet. Google images or something. Paste it another post and if I can't help you find it someone else on here can. if not give a description for what you have.

Does it have to be AICS or are you looking for a extended capacity mag.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Team Savage
    The Boyds stock for BBR, Center Feed, standard DBM will not accept the Savage SA AICS metal frame assembly without modification/Dremel work.

I believe the Savage AICS frame assembly is being sourced from Accurate-MAG.com. Or, you may be able to purchase one direct by calling Savage Arms parts. Your Savage BBR Hog Hunter action will fit into a Savage Acufit-Accustock tactical version. This stock has a beaver-tail forearm and a wider barrel channel to fit the heavy/varmint profile barrel used on the Hog Hunter. You will also need a metal BBR trigger guard since the Savage tactical stock trigger guard is for a top bolt release action.

I believe the current Hog Hunter has an Axis-style DBM? As Foxx stated, you may be able to get a 10-round aftermarket Axis-style magazine. Then a Boyd's stock that accepts an Axis-style magazine would also be an option.