Thread: stock for hog hunter .308

stock for hog hunter .308

New to Savage world.......Recently purchased a new Hog Hunter .308 11/111 and also purchased aftermarket mags (Snyder mags). Looking to replace the stock and need one that has magazine well in stock for the 10 rounders as I lack the tools and skills to modify a stock. Any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy2020 View Post
    New to Savage world.......Recently purchased a new Hog Hunter .308 11/111 and also purchased aftermarket mags (Snyder mags). Looking to replace the stock and need one that has magazine well in stock for the 10 rounders as I lack the tools and skills to modify a stock. Any suggestions
    The Oryx Chassis, MDT, Boyd's Gun Stocks, etc.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Snyder mags fit the factory Savage DBM Frame If I remember correctly. Therefore you need a factory savage inlet. Be careful that what you ordered from Snyder will fit what stock you order. Sadly there is no simple plug and play with detachable magazines. Apples to apples and all that stuff.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

I'm new here and new to Savage also - I purchased one of the newer hog hunters with the DBM and am interested in converting it to AICS magazines as well. I am ok with the stock, I'd just like to find information on finding working bottom metals. I have a Ruger Bolt Action with AICS magazines but am really digging the form factor on the hog hunter.

dsnitker, No big deal but your posts is "hijacking" this post. Proper protocol is to start your own thread. So once that happens we can have a good conversation on your post about your issue rather than bounce around on this post.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    dsnitker, No big deal but your posts is "hijacking" this post. Proper protocol is to start your own thread. So once that happens we can have a good conversation on your post about your issue rather than bounce around on this post.
    Apologies - my intention was to reiterate and commiserate with the OP on the difficulty of finding information on the 110 Hog Hunter rather than having my problems addressed. I will start a new thread for my specific question, I just finished up my introduction post. Thanks!

Basic Member
    Here's mine with a MDT XRS chassis and a MDT 12 round metal mag. My Hog Hunter (.308) is the old model with top safety but they fit on the new ones with bottom safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster95 View Post
    Here's mine with a MDT XRS chassis and a MDT 12 round metal mag. My Hog Hunter (.308) is the old model with top safety but they fit on the new ones with bottom safety.

Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67