Last year I gave my Grandson my old Coyote rifle. I thought it would be as easy as going to the Local LGS to get a replacement.
But after a summer of riots, Covid, an election that went against us, etc..... Any rifle was hard to get and anything in 223 was non existent! Everyone was out of stock, I put my name on several lists but by the time they came in the price had doubled!
So I settled on a like new Axis.

My hope is I can get it to shoot well with 36 gr Barnes Varmint Grenades. They are lead free [ required here in CA] and I have a good supply of them.
I have a 1 in 12" Handi Rifle, and a 1 in 12" AR that both shoot them. I won't know what the barrel twist is on the Axis till its delivered late this week.
I'm going to be adding a wood laminate stock, I want it to shoot well off of sticks, a varmint rest, prone or with a hasty sling. I think the sticks and sling will put too much pressure on the plastic stock. I have another plastic stock on a 6.5x55 Mauser but the material seems much denser. A tight sling won't pull that fore end out of line at all. But the Axis I can bend easy enough by hand.
Do any of you have any experience with Boyds AT 1 or Feather weight thumbhole stocks? Any problems shooting them in prone, or standing positions? Any problems shooting them from the bench?

Any way I can't wait to get back out there! The Coyotes have missed me! DR