Thread: Quick Burris Veracity review.

Basic Member

Quick Burris Veracity review.

I just got one of the Burris Veracity 3-15x50 E1 FFP scopes. It has a lot going for it. It has a zero stop, capped turrets, an optional MOA or ballistic exposed turret, and factory flip up scope caps and sun shade.

First off, i love this reticle. at low light it is super easy to acquire on low power because it is a great design. It has a progressively thick reticle that has a nice fine point in the middle and as you decrease the magnification it appears to stay about the same in the middle because of the design, and gets fatter a little ways out from the middle. If you haven't seen it, and think that FFP isn't suited to a hunting reticle, this will be a game changer for you. It is incredible. Since it is a FFP, the BDC part of the reticle is going to be good to go on any power. I personally don't use a BDC past 300 yards, but for hunting it is plenty adequate to that distance. You can see the BDC part as low as 6 power.

Second. The glass is incredibly good. I took it out after sunset and at 26 minutes past sunset it still was pretty incredibly bright. It was a week or so ago, no moon, clear sky and once it got to 30 minutes past sunset it was dark and the scope was difficult to see out of. This is obviously going to be better in the winter with a little snow cover or a little moonlight. I was able to compare a different scope (also a veracity, but a 4-20x50) to my Zeiss v4 conquest 4-16x44 and the veracity had better low light ability at the end of legal shooting, where i was able to see horns and acquire the reticle on the veracity and i was not able to do the same with the Zeiss. The 3-15x50 Veracity is just crisp and bright, and the resolution is just fantastic. It does have a bit of CA, where bright white targets seem a bit off color. That is not a big issue for a hunting scope, but it could be an issue if you are looking at bright white painted steel or white targets.

Third. the turrets feel absolutely wonderful. This is a Burris staple, i have had 8 Burris scopes and have yet to have one that doesn't have great feeling turrets. I got the optional MOA "Mad Knob" exposed turret for $50 from Burris, it is a little bigger diameter than the factory one under the scope cap, so it has a little more leverage turning it. I have not done a tall target test, but i put it on my Savage 300 WSM Ultralite that i previously had my 4-16 Zeiss v4 Conquest on, so i know that the rifle is a great shooter. I zeroed at 100 yards and dialed the turrets directly to what my ballistics app said that 875 yards should be. I shot at a square target i believe to be 16x16. I went 4 out of 5 with an estimated 5 MPH wind and all of the shots that connected hit the bottom half of the target. It is possible that i put one low, but the mirage shooting across a slough was pretty substantial and i may have just missed. Overall, even though i didn't do a tall target test, i would say the probability that it tracks perfect is quite good.

Fourth, the not so great... The weight is a pretty hefty 27.3 ounces, but not a really big deal for a premium scope. The zero stop is super easy to use, but once it is set, it only has one turn of the turret so it really can only make use of 24 MOA of it's 90 MOA of total travel... still enough to get my 300 WSM to 900 yards, or my 28 nosler to around 1100. The windage has the same zero stop, so it has 12 MOA each way from where you set zero... but not a really big deal compared to how one turn limits the elevation. Also this only comes in a MOA scope and not a MIL scope. If it had MIL turrets, i would have a pile of these scopes... i only have 3 MOA scopes left, and just wish i had an option that would allow me to fully convert over.

I got this as a "blemished" unit from Natchez, and i could locate a dent in the box, but nothing on the actual scope. I purchased another identical unit for my nephew and i couldn't find a blemish on the scope on that one either. For a scope that goes for $700+ i feel that the $460 is an absolute steal for a "blemished" model that i can't find a blemish on. For years my 4-20x50 Veracity has been my favorite hunting scope, and this looks like it is going to be just as good!

Glad your experience was good. Thanks for the review. I used them(Burris) for a long time. Back in the day the glass was at the top of American made stuff...IMHO
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    I took my 300 WSM ultralite out today and the Veracity performed flawlessly. I am really, really happy with the clarity, it is just really good for a hunting scope. It was almost perfect conditions today, partial overcast and 70 degrees. I drilled the 800 yard target over and over again. The 1100 yard target was a little bit of an issue, because since i have only one revolution of the turret after the zero stop is set, i had to use the 300 yard BDC drop and dial 22.5 MOA (pretty easy to find this with strelok).
    I honestly don't know why they don't make more FFP hunting scopes.

Simply put, This Burris Veracity is AWESOME!

Basic Member
    https://www.natchezss.com/blemished-...-e1-matte.html

It is almost like stealing, it is so cheap. yeah i left a review!

Basic Member
    Good report on what im sure is a very nice scope.
    I have only used one Burris scope, a 10x tacticle model i have on a 223 which im happy with.
    But my question is with regard to your opinion of FFP for a hunting scope, and why you feel that way?

Basic Member
    I like to use my reticle while hunting 400 and under and that gives a FFP a big advantage over a second focal. regardless of the magnification the drops are always accurate.