Thread: Left hand 110 extractor/ejector upgrade problems

Left hand 110 extractor/ejector upgrade problems

Hello all,

So I just got a left hand 110 Storm. Tonight I made an attempt to swap out the factory extractor/ejector with the upgraded kit from Kinney's Shooting Supply. I used the same kit to fix weak ejection on a Lightweight Storm (right handed) last month. Extractor swap went fine. But after removing the factory ejector I had trouble installing the upgraded one. After a few failed attempts I looked at the right handed bolt from my other 110 and noticed a difference.

These two photos are of the left handed bolt:

https://ibb.co/9Nc6fym

https://ibb.co/r0nqP6b

These are of the right handed bolt:

https://ibb.co/h74gqv9

https://ibb.co/92kFG39

The retainer pin for the ejector only goes in from the side with the half moon cut out. On the right handed bolt, this half moon cut out is on the same side as the ejector, so it's easy to insert the pin and retain the ejector.

On the left handed bolt, however, it's on the opposite side. When I tried to insert the retainer pin it wouldn't reach far enough to actually retain the ejector. I didn't notice any of this prior to removing the factory ejector, so they must've have made it work somehow.

I'm assuming I'm being an idiot and there's an obvious solution I'm just not seeing.

1) Are all left-hand 110 bolts set up like this? (i.e. the opening for the retainer pin on the opposite side of the bolt from the ejector)

2) How are you supposed to get the retainer pin in?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Basic Member
    The parts should be the same. I swap out all of mine pretty often and have a couple RH and 6 LH actions.

I went back and tried putting the pin in from the other side (the one without the half-moon cut out) and it seemed to go in fine. I just tapped it in until it was flush and it seems to be working.

It's cycling live ammo/spent cases well.

I'll post an update if the gun explodes on me or anything .

you are good to go.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    You're correct. The ejector retainer pin should be removed and installed from the side closest to the ejector, regardless of the half moon undercut. I use a 1/16 pin punch to drive out the pin, then carefully retract the punch allowing the ejector to fall free. To assemble I compress the ejector and slip the punch in from the side opposite the ejector, then slip the retainer pin in pushing out the punch. This keeps everything aligned and in its place, eliminating the possibility of bending the retaining pin or the ejector.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    I have a wooden work bench, i found a large flat head screw that the head diameter is about the same size as a cade head. I scrwed this screw part way into my bench top. From my high bench stool i press the complete bolt against the screw with my stomach. I also use a 1/16" drift punch to remove and install the pin from the opposire side of the spot face cut.