Thread: We drug the daughters cheep package savage model 10 out , For an outing.

Basic Member

We drug the daughters cheep package savage model 10 out , For an outing.

A little background.
    My Daughter, when she was 18 bought a Savage 243 package for under $200 that came with a 3X9 Bushnell. She used it for a few years and shot plenty of game, but did not continue much after her first child, and never got back into it. SO I used it for years before my 6mm Rem. We developed two out-standing loads for it, One for Varmints and one for deer. Varmint was varget and 75gr TSX, fast.

Think a catsup-filled football. The Deer is an 85 gr speer and varget, respectable speed. We killed scads of deer and varmints with it. Her first daughter shot one then never hunted much after that. Her second daughter AKA Little GD does not care for it much, it is too long and heavy for her, but that's why we had reduced loads. Never worked well.

But she was using it yesterday on gophers and P dogs.

So today I re-zeroed Daughters savage Model 10 in 243. Yesterday we were shooting very reduced loads for little GD, and I had it zeroed for them. Almost one complete turn up for 100 yards. Anyway, I put it back for her deer loads, 85 gr speer.
    GD shoots her Uncle's 7.69x39 CZ till we get her Howa 6.5 Grendel going.
    I went out today, with just my pack and range finder. 4 shots and I had it about 1/2 in high at 100.
    Here is a target after zero. I set it up at what turned out to be 213 yards.
    Not too bad for an old guy fat laying down in the dirt over a pack in a breeze.

Team Savage

Looks good to me.