Thread: Model 25

Model 25

Hi folks,

I just picked up a M25 in .223 and thought I could put my Weaver Classic 6 power scope on it with some Weaver rings I had already. Unfortunately the eye relief isn't working out so I either have to find some set back rings to use the Savage factory bases or buy the one piece EGW part and my scope and rings should mount close enough then. I read quite a few posts that indicate replacing the factory bases solves some sighting in issues so I'm thinking this is the easiest and least expensive fix for me, too.

Any other options?

Thanks for your help!

VtVince

Alternatively, I had a Millett DMR from a few years ago that had enough room that the eye relief works. I mounted some 30mm Weaver six hole rings that fit the base, torqued them down, tested alignment and leveled every which way, tightened to spec. Put a bore sight laser in and it was already very close. I'll run up to the range and see how it shoots. I can't attach a picture directly from my pc... here's a link;
    https://ibb.co/wJ0f30g

I bought the EGW base on my model 25 for that very reason. Worth the money in my opinion.