Thread: Bushnell Nitro

Basic Member

Bushnell Nitro

Good Lord, they are getting cheap. Midway has the 6.5-24 on sale for $215. I know this scope isn't as good as what a lot of you guys use but I think it is a pretty decent scope. I have a couple of them and so far they have been good. the only criticism I have is the crosshairs are a little thick but they are fairly clear, hold zero and are a vast improvement over the horrible Vortex Vipers that they replaced. I went from thinking my 243 Savage was either a lemon or I had no ability whatsoever to really liking the rifle. I think the list price is $549. I know there is a tremendous markup in scopes and no one pays list for a scope but this is less than half of list. MidwayUSA says list is $649 but I think that is incorrect.

I have snatched up a few these and have been well pleased with them as well. I put a 6.5-24 on a .308 and a couple 2.5-10s on a couple coyote rifles in .223 and 6.5 Grendel. They work great and I think Natchez has an even better deal on them, and if you buy certain ones they come with a free Havalon knife.

I've been thinking about getting another one. The 6-24 that I have imo has a slightly clearer view than my sightron stac

The Prime/Nitro/Forge scopes are a pretty good bang for the buck - especially so at the discounted prices. These were essentially the replacements for the old 3500/4500/6500 series, which in turn were the replacement for the earlier 3200/4200 series which back in the day were hugely popular. They don't' have all the fancy features of some of the other brands products in the same price range, but the glass in them has always been very good. Still have a 3200 3-9x40 that I bought new in 2001 that's still going strong without issue. Was very impressed with both the Prime and Nitro I reviewed a couple years ago, and still think either would be a great scope for anyone wanting something basic for a hunting rifle that doesn't want/need all the long-range or tacticool features.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain