Thread: tartan:

Question tartan:

New to this sight and to all blogs and sights, particularly those to do with guns. At age 81 I am gathering information on guns left to me a so I can pass it on to my grandson. I inherited a savage 303 rifle patented Feb. 7, 1893-July 25,1893. I believe the number stamped under the breech is a serial # 34.605. It has open sights as well as a folding peep sight above the trigger. Any and all information would be appreciated from the "experts" here. I have photos but will need to study and experiment before posting .

Basic Member
    Welcome from colorful Colorado hope you enjoy the blog.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Team Savage
    Welcome aboard

Welcome to the group. I'd like to see a picture of the 303 Savage, interesting as to what it might be.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Quote Originally Posted by tartan View Post
    New to this sight and to all blogs and sights, particularly those to do with guns. At age 81 I am gathering information on guns left to me a so I can pass it on to my grandson. I inherited a savage 303 rifle patented Feb. 7, 1893-July 25,1893. I believe the number stamped under the breech is a serial # 34.605. It has open sights as well as a folding peep sight above the trigger. Any and all information would be appreciated from the "experts" here. I have photos but will need to study and experiment before posting .

Welcome old timer! That gun of yours sounds very interesting and probably bears no resemblance (even remotely) to anything Savage makes today!!!! I would love to see pics. I too just retired this year and finally have time to fully enjoy my gun passions and am building my first long action bolt rifle. The guys here have helped me a lot in the short few weeks that I have been here. Again welcome. These are good folks... mostly... well there is one Txhillbilly I would weary of... ( ha ha ha ! - just kidding - he has been the most helpful one of the bunch and even happens to be in my Texas neighborhood)!!

See you around!!!

Team Savage
    welcome