I got this trigger and have been working with it. Out of the box, with the pull weight set screw engaged by only 1 thread, it broke at about 1 1/4 pounds. I removed the original spring and replaced it with a shorter ink pen spring, and got it down a little less than a pound. During this testing, I noticed some creep. The “step” that the Savage sear has to traverse, is .026”. Only about .012”/.014” is needed for good engagement. No matter how I set it, I have not got it to bump fire. I have closed the bolt with some authority, and it still doesn’t trip fire. Not sure, but I think the Savage sear is responsible for the creep. This trigger has adjustment only for pull weight and safety adjustment. It has no adjustment for sear engagement or over travel. I ordered some springs and did some experimenting, got it a little lighter, but still not where I want it to be. Found a lighter spring, ordered 4, received 6. This spring got it to just above 8 ounces. Now we’re getting somewhere.

I wondered what what it would do with the spring and piston removed. When the bolt cocked, the trigger set. Bumping the action against the Terazo floor didn’t trip it. On My Wheeler spring gauge, it broke at less than 8ozs, call it 6. I lubricated the sear edge and trigger shelf with graphite, and it broke at half way between 0 and 8ozs, call it 4 ounces. I decided I like using the straight trigger blade, without either of the included Trigger Shoes installed. With My finger at the bottom of the blade, it gives maximum leverage. I will continue to work with it and dry fire, if it will continue to operate at 4 ounces, I will declare success. At this setting, there was no noticeable creep.

A trigger set this low will only be used on a “Cold Range”. Bolts installed only after muzzles facing a safe direction and the command given. I’ll have to do a temperature check, because I once adjusted a trigger at 75 degrees, and when I took it out in 40 degrees, it tripped when I closed the bolt.

The spring that got it to 8ozs came from Century Spring Corp., MW Industries, Inc. CSC Item 60567S, Description COMP O= 0.148,L=0.357,W=0.016

Thanks All, any comments or personal experiences heartedly welcome