Thread: Axis 2 .223 replacement firing springs and washer

Axis 2 .223 replacement firing springs and washer

Hello I have seen this is a common issue; (and thanks Boots if still around for showing me how to open the bolt in seconds easy peasy after a couple days of unsuccessfully trying other ways)

After initially blaming first ammo found, armscor and Hornady and 50% + ftf's, but no ftf issue with Federal American Eagle for about 80 rounds, then over 50% with the Federal as well, I disassembled the bolt. I found the washer had slipped down the lower longer spring half way and was pointing in wrong direction. After cleaning all and putting where things belonged, it worked great with all 3 ammos and Winchester Varmint X, for about 50 rounds til it didn't again and upon disassembly the washer was starting to slip down again. (Rifle bought on Black Friday, less than 150 rounds or so fired so far)

Contacting Savage to ask for replacement springs and washer, which seemed to solve issue for some others here, I was informed "bolt and trigger components are restricted and may only be ordered [and installed} by a licensed gunsmith." or the rifle could be sent in... [apparently at my expense.]

Is there a place I can get the replacement springs and washer, without hiring a licensed Gunsmith to order and install, a simple procedure? Is Savage really not allowed to send me those little parts?*
    Thanks.

*I have had other small
    bolt and trigger components sent to me in the past a couple times by other manufacturers. On the plus side when it fires it is incredibly accurate and love the Accu-Trigger

I ended up buying a washer from the hardwear store and modifying it to fit in the bolt body. I also am a reloader and have a b

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had to replace the springs and washer in my Axis last year. LGS ordered the parts for me. No extra fees, just the cost of the springs and washer. I installed them myself.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    I am also experiencing FTF problems with Wolf primers. Seems to be igniting CCI primers without any issues. Is the Boots thread on bolt disassembly still available?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue308 View Post
    Hello I have seen this is a common issue; (and thanks Boots if still around for showing me how to open the bolt in seconds easy peasy after a couple days of unsuccessfully trying other ways)

After initially blaming first ammo found, armscor and Hornady and 50% + ftf's, but no ftf issue with Federal American Eagle for about 80 rounds, then over 50% with the Federal as well, I disassembled the bolt. I found the washer had slipped down the lower longer spring half way and was pointing in wrong direction. After cleaning all and putting where things belonged, it worked great with all 3 ammos and Winchester Varmint X, for about 50 rounds til it didn't again and upon disassembly the washer was starting to slip down again. (Rifle bought on Black Friday, less than 150 rounds or so fired so far)

Contacting Savage to ask for replacement springs and washer, which seemed to solve issue for some others here, I was informed "bolt and trigger components are restricted and may only be ordered [and installed} by a licensed gunsmith." or the rifle could be sent in... [apparently at my expense.]

Is there a place I can get the replacement springs and washer, without hiring a licensed Gunsmith to order and install, a simple procedure? Is Savage really not allowed to send me those little parts?*
    Thanks.

*I have had other small
    bolt and trigger components sent to me in the past a couple times by other manufacturers. On the plus side when it fires it is incredibly accurate and love the Accu-Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Powell View Post
    I am also experiencing FTF problems with Wolf primers. Seems to be igniting CCI primers without any issues. Is the Boots thread on bolt disassembly still available?
    here it is:

https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...sassemble-Bolt