Thread: Savage aics dbm?

Basic Member

Savage aics dbm?

I see what appears to be AICS Pattern DBM Bottom Metal on several new offerings on Accufit Stocks...how would one go about getting a set of these to go with an Accufit stock bought on the aftermarket (ebay)

Team Savage
    Call Savage Arms parts or purchase from Accurate-mag.com

Basic Member
    https://accurate-mag.com/shop/bottom...tom-metal-kit/

I think this might work.

I wanted the accu stock and dbm setup but prices on the two were very expensive when I could find them. I ended up buying a complete brand new rifle just to get the stock and dbm setup.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepsAndGuns View Post
    https://accurate-mag.com/shop/bottom...tom-metal-kit/

I think this might work.

I wanted the accu stock and dbm setup but prices on the two were very expensive when I could find them. I ended up buying a complete brand new rifle just to get the stock and dbm setup.

I know I bought your barrel...LOL...

Looks like I might do the same...but I want the LA stock and DBM for 30-06 mags so I can run SA cartridges like the 6.5CM, .243 (AI) and others that share the .473" case head diameter that will fit into the 30-06 mag although with some room in the mag.

Basic Member
    I actually like both my accu stock rifles. I have grown more towards traditional styled stocks and moved away from the pistol grip style stocks.

I have a long action rifle that currently lives in a choate ultimate varmint stock that has been inletted for aics mags. It is in 6.5x55 and I use the magpul 30-06 mags and it seems to feed fine.
    I want to swap for a more normal style stock. I though about buying another rifle to get another accu stock, but it appears they do not make a long action accu stock in left hand. They make a 110 tactical in 300 win, but right hand only.
    I looked through their website and did not see any left hand long action accu stocks (like the 110 tactical uses).

So you might be able to buy a 110 tactical in 300 win (part number 57489), then you will have the long action stock and aics mags. Then just swap out the 300 win magazine for a 30-06 magazine.

Basic Member
    Jeeps,

Last time I checked they would not sell them UNLESS you gave them the serial number to the rifle they were going on...Like I broke my stock and I need a new one. Tried going that route a few years back and they shot me down. Ended up going with a Numrich Laminate stock and had Jeff at CDI inlet and install one of his bottom metals. I too want a lighter traditional stock but with the flexibility of running a 10 round mag when I want to or a 5 to be hunting legal and Magpul isn't making the Hunter for LA Savage YET...

I guess someone could let me borrow their serial number ;-) and get one that way or I could buy one of the 110 LRP in a .473 Bolt head LA platform and then sell the action but that seems Ludacris.

The problem with the factory AICS DBM is that it can only be used with AccuStocks that utilize the shorter AccuStock style recoil lug. If you try to inlet a stock for that bottom metal and a full size recoil lug the two pockets will intersect and you will have a hole connecting them in the stock. This results in a very weakened stock that's more susceptible to breaking at that point.

If memory serves me correctly, the PT&G and Accurate-Mag AICS bottom metals were designed to be a direct replacement for the standard Savage bottom metal for the 3-4 round mags. Haven't used either myself so can't say with absolute certainty - just going off what I've seen others post here.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    The problem with the factory AICS DBM is that it can only be used with AccuStocks that utilize the shorter AccuStock style recoil lug. If you try to inlet a stock for that bottom metal and a full size recoil lug the two pockets will intersect and you will have a hole connecting them in the stock. This results in a very weakened stock that's more susceptible to breaking at that point.

If memory serves me correctly, the PT&G and Accurate-Mag AICS bottom metals were designed to be a direct replacement for the standard Savage bottom metal for the 3-4 round mags. Haven't used either myself so can't say with absolute certainty - just going off what I've seen others post here.
    Interesting, I did not know that about the factory aics dbm and the recoil lug. Good to know!
    I may have to look into the PT&G and accurate mag dbm's, assuming I can find a stock I like.