Thread: 1st gen vs current 110

Basic Member

1st gen vs current 110

Hi I am in possession of my father's 1963 model 110 chambered in the venerable 30.06springfield. I've been wondering how it compares to a current 110. Everything being equal usage, care, number of rounds through the gun.
    As it is my dad's gun is my pride and joy(no kids) and it's more accurate than I will ever be. And I have always wondered how the old stuff holds up to the new stuff. What's your take?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Phreddie30.06 View Post
    Hi I am in possession of my father's 1963 model 110 chambered in the venerable 30.06springfield. I've been wondering how it compares to a current 110. Everything being equal usage, care, number of rounds through the gun.
    As it is my dad's gun is my pride and joy(no kids) and it's more accurate than I will ever be. And I have always wondered how the old stuff holds up to the new stuff. What's your take?
    It's been around 58yrs and as you say, "more accurate than you'll ever be" so that's a good indication. Enjoy it, take care of it, and it'll be here after you're gone.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by Phreddie30.06 View Post

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    If anything, I'd say that rifle is better built than today's rifles, although I have no problem with the way today's rifles are being built. It was only after owning a 1960 110 did I realize how much I prefer that design to today's rifles. I've owned about 8 model 110's now. Maybe 10. I've lost track. I will always own my 1960 110 and at least one of my new Lightweight Storm 110's. They are very different rifles for very different purposes. The rest are negotiable, but not those two. :D