Hi
I am new here and found this forum after I could not find out anything about a Savage 335 double barrel shotgun with the left barrel made octoganlly.
I have collected Savage guns (mostly 99s) and pistols whenever i can find them. I have several gun books about 99s and pistols but I can not find any refernce or anyone who can shed any light on this shotgun. The left barel was made octoganlly from the breach to ther muzzle. My gunsmith is certain it was made that way at the factory and not some rebuilt. I believe it was made before 1929 and it has a unique serial number A1234. This suggests to me it was a custom made shotgun. I will attach pictures and look forward to any thoughts. Thanks for your interest.....
apprently since I am new, I can not post pictures. The octogon shape is quite clear and pronounced at the muzzle. Both chambers are 12 gauge. It appears to have been made full length as 8 sides of metal increasing in appearnce at the muzzle. There is a very very slight twist the length of the barrel. Have to really look for it.
I have posted pictures on the gunboards forum under commercial shotguns and I think you can see the pictures even if you are not signed on.