Thread: B&C centerfeed question

Basic Member

B&C centerfeed question

I am trying to come up with a solution to a stock issue. I previously had a Boyd’s stock on my .338/06 but it cracked and I’m just trying to spitball ideas for if/when the repairs don’t work.

The rifle is assembled using a Stevens 200, long action, centerfeed blind magazine. Originally the Boyd’s stock I have been using was a staggered-feed stock. The magazine well was cut quite generously and I used shims on all sides, and bottom of the magazine to make the centerfeed blind magazine fit. So I’m hesitant to see if B&C’s stagger feed options will be as generous. Has anyone used a B&C stock cut for a long action, blind magazine stagger feed stock and made it work for the centerfeed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbotto View Post
    I am trying to come up with a solution to a stock issue. I previously had a Boyd’s stock on my .338/06 but it cracked and I’m just trying to spitball ideas for if/when the repairs don’t work.

The rifle is assembled using a Stevens 200, long action, centerfeed blind magazine. Originally the Boyd’s stock I have been using was a staggered-feed stock. The magazine well was cut quite generously and I used shims on all sides, and bottom of the magazine to make the centerfeed blind magazine fit. So I’m hesitant to see if B&C’s stagger feed options will be as generous. Has anyone used a B&C stock cut for a long action, blind magazine stagger feed stock and made it work for the centerfeed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would ask sharpshooter, robinhood and there is another guy in here (I can't recall his name) buy they seem to know virtually everything savage.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Unless I am mistaken (as I often am) a stock inlet designed for a center feed Savage action is different from that if a stagger feed Savage action regardless of manufacture. But take heart as my post usually generate a more knowledgeable member to respond with more accurate information.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    I would ask sharpshooter, robinhood and there is another guy in here (I can't recall his name) buy they seem to know virtually everything savage.

I've used shims on sides & bottom made from 1/8" plexiglass also I made & attached an "L" clip to the back of a c.f. magazine and then drilled & tapped a 10-32 screw just ahead of the rear action screw through the rear of the reciever. The magazine stays connected to the reciever just like the SF and is easy to install in the stock.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mnbogboy2 View Post
    I've used shims on sides & bottom made from 1/8" plexiglass also I made & attached an "L" clip to the back of a c.f. magazine and then drilled & tapped a 10-32 screw just ahead of the rear action screw through the rear of the reciever. The magazine stays connected to the reciever just like the ST and is easy to install in the stock.
    I'm suprised @robinhood or @sharpshooter have not chimed in.. I tried tagging their names this time.. I don't know if that's how you tag in here , if so maybe it will get them to take a look but I do believe the other gentlemen was correct when he stated the inletting is different. Ive never tried making a apple work with a orange so im pretty ignorant on the question you ask. I work on alot of stuff but big bore ARs are my specialty.

Never done a B&C. Several Boyd's however. I'm not familiar with the construction of the B&C
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Maybe call B&C? Maybe they have parts for making the transition? I don't know, just swinging at the fences :)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Never done a B&C. Several Boyd's however. I'm not familiar with the construction of the B&C
    THE bottom of the b&c mag well is uneven in the 5 b&c stocks that i have. The plexiglass that i use for shims allows you to sketch any irregularity on it and then you can remove material as required until it fits flat in the bottom of the mag well.

Basic Member
    Do you have the B&C stock already? If not I would just get a stock made for your action.. maybe take a look at archangel stocks, I have 2 of them, free floaters and very sexy... even better, they are very reasonably priced:)