Thread: "Classic Style" stock for model 110

Basic Member

"Classic Style" stock for model 110

Hi all.....I have a model 110 in .270 with regular sporter barrel. It has the regular wooden stock, and I would really like to upgrade to the Classic style stock that savage puts on their classic line of rifles. I am getting the rifle worked out and it is starting to shoot great. I would like to put a nicer stock on it, and I really like the look of the wood with the black endcap. Do any of you guys know if these are for sale anywhere and how much they might run? maybe Savage even sells them? I know that most of them have a removeable or spring bottom magazine, and my 110 is the blind mag. This might be an easy conversion though huh? many thanks....

hailstone

Re: "Classic Style" stock for model 110

I got couple from Numrich Arms several months ago. They were regular Savage stocks. Last I looked they still had some in stock but be very careful when ordering.. They have the older style side magazine release stock which wasn't very clearly described.

PM Sent

This is always an option. And you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself. I made the white line spacers for the butt plate and grip cap by cutting up a 5 gallon plastic bucket. I used automotive pinstripe as a fake fore end spacer and did the tip of the fore end in ebony stain. coated the whole thing in quite a few coats of min wax spray satin polyurathane. I got about $15 in materials in it
    [img width=600 height=143]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w188/bighonkinjeep/gregsandmine005-1.jpg[/img]
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Captain Finlander

Richards Microfit stocks, http://rifle-stocks.com/

Pick your style, end cap, white line spacers, recoil pad, grade wood etc... You will have some minor wood finishing to do, light sanding and oil rubbing or sealing.

Quote Originally Posted by big honkin jeep
    This is always an option. And you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself. I made the white line spacers for the butt plate and grip cap by cutting up a 5 gallon plastic bucket. I used automotive pinstripe as a fake fore end spacer and did the tip of the fore end in ebony stain. coated the whole thing in quite a few coats of min wax spray satin polyurathane. I got about $15 in materials in it
    [img width=600 height=143]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w188/bighonkinjeep/gregsandmine005-1.jpg[/img]
    Very nice work!
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

ellobo

Boyds makes a very nice classic style stock you can get in laminate, or walnut. Its basicaly a drop in with very little work to do. No checkering or fancy buttcap or nose cap, but those can be added with a little work. It does have a cheekpiece. White line spacers can be made from milk jugs or sheet polystyrene you can get at some hobby shops. I think the stocks are on sale now. Mine was under $100. Check thier website.
    El Lobo

Basic Member

Thanks for all the replys and tips guys. It appears that my model 110 has the inline feed blind mag that stays in the stock. Are there any factory options that are made for this type of model. It seems that most are for the stagger feed.