Thread: OK I give up. Lookng for a tutorial on what it takes to fit th M40e B&C stock to a 110FP

Basic Member

OK I give up. Lookng for a tutorial on what it takes to fit th M40e B&C stock to a 110FP

When I try to used the search engine, I only have the $15 one year plan, I can't access older posts on the subject and only a few newer 2021 posts.

I do not believe you can just drop in a 110 action with out some issued like the recoil lug fit.

Is there an issue with my membership of did I miss something when I read the ability section of the plan ?

I really prefer the M40 to the semi or full pistol grip style and I'm not a thumb hole shooter either.

Cheers

Believe it. It indeed should be a drop in fit.
    Just be careful as with any Savage stock install, and make sure not to over torque the rear trigger guard screw as all it does is hold the rear of the trigger guard in place and it threads directly into the stock material.
    I'm sure you could bed the recoil lug if you wanted to, but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.
    I'd most likely start off by dropping that barreled action in, torque tune it and see how it shoots.
    Savage Action Screw Torque Tuning within AccurateShooter.com

Have fun, BHJ
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ11 View Post
    When I try to used the search engine, I only have the $15 one year plan, I can't access older posts on the subject and only a few newer 2021 posts.

I do not believe you can just drop in a 110 action with out some issued like the recoil lug fit.

Is there an issue with my membership of did I miss something when I read the ability section of the plan ?

I really prefer the M40 to the semi or full pistol grip style and I'm not a thumb hole shooter either.

Cheers
    Nothing wrong with your membership, the search function of the forum software is just garbage.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    I mounted my 10FP .308 in an adjustable B&C stock several years ago and it dropped right in.
    I needed the adjustable stock because the standard Savage stock was a bit too short for my long arms.
    My stock has an aluminum base that made the stock more rigid and free floated the barrel beautifully.

Hope your choice turns out as well.

I second BHJ's advice on torquing the front and rear action screws.
    Don't mess with the trigger guard screw.

Why do you think your action and stock is not a drop in. Are the action screws distances correct. Is the action magazine inlet the same for your magazine style? Is your trigger the issue? Need something to go on.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Why do you think your action and stock is not a drop in. Are the action screws distances correct. Is the action magazine inlet the same for your magazine style? Is your trigger the issue? Need something to go on.

In my life the words drops right in or no work required have never worked as advertised. So I have to ask extra questions.