Thread: 22-250 model 99

Basic Member

22-250 model 99

I picked up my second 22-250 99 over the weekend. Not many of these made. Wondering how many here have one, or the 7mm-08?

Basic Member
    I've had a couple 7mm-08's, one 22-250. Having a 99 22-250 put together right now using all Savage parts. Should be ultra-cool when done.

Basic Member
    Keeping my eyes open for a 99 7mm-08, but I have never seen one. I bought the only two 99 22-250's I ever saw, the 99 is not a real common gun here in the south.

I came across a mint 7mm-08 at the local gun show about 8-10 years ago for $700, but as it typical for my luck I hadn't brought enough money with me that day. Guy who hadn't wouldn't let me put a deposit down and by the time I ran to the bank and back someone else had snagged it up. What's worse was the guy that got it took it home and immediately listed it on GunBroker and it ended up fetching over $2,800 on there.

That's the one and only gun show "the one that got away" story that I have to date.

Have yet to even see a 99 in .22-250 as up until last year 99's were non-existent in this area, and what few do show up are typically F's and EG's in .300 Sav.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    I came across a mint 7mm-08 at the local gun show about 8-10 years ago for $700, but as it typical for my luck I hadn't brought enough money with me that day. Guy who hadn't wouldn't let me put a deposit down and by the time I ran to the bank and back someone else had snagged it up. What's worse was the guy that got it took it home and immediately listed it on GunBroker and it ended up fetching over $2,800 on there.

That's the one and only gun show "the one that got away" story that I have to date.

Have yet to even see a 99 in .22-250 as up until last year 99's were non-existent in this area, and what few do show up are typically F's and EG's in .300 Sav.
    Sad story indeed! I have to say I have been pretty fortunate buying 99's, as they are next to impossible to obtain here in the south, and the ones you find typically have been "improved" with etched social security numbers, aftermarket recoil pads, and non-factory drill and tapped receivers. I'm a blind hog, but occasionally even I find an acorn. The thing is to know when to pull the trigger on a buy and when to walk away.

Savage 99 22-250

I’ve owned the Savage99 in 22-250 up here in Montana for 50 years. The 22-250 was common here because it’s use for predators.
    It was made in 59’ and has served me well over the years. Today I’d be hard pressed to sell it for less then $5000. It’s Flawless and been in the family since it was new.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post

99 22-250 Right Here in Montana

Tack Driver owner

Quote Originally Posted by 0021 View Post
    Keeping my eyes open for a 99 7mm-08, but I have never seen one. I bought the only two 99 22-250's I ever saw, the 99 is not a real common gun here in the south.

Basic Member
    A good rifle. But did you notice that the post you answered was 5 years old?