Thread: ? Anyone using ButlerCreek 25 mags in B22 ?

Basic Member

Question ? Anyone using ButlerCreek 25 mags in B22 ?

Hi - I've heard mixed comments about the BC 25-mags function in A22s and I was considering one for my B22. I'm in Eastern Canada and no one up here has any of the 10-round mags on-line, that I can find.
    So - Has anyone used the 25s in their B22s ? Luckily I bought a couple extra 10s when I bought the rifle, but even 3 go quick when on a long range day ( I'm retired, so they usually go long ) and I have almost 15K rounds for this Summer ( I stocked up last Fall & Winter - They're getting thin up here now, too)

Are the BC-25 magazines available in .22 WMR?

I use the 25 round magsin my Savage A17 and love them they are far superior to the f
    factory ten rounders

Basic Member

Thumbs Up

Hi Gene - Cabelas.ca shows them avail so I guess they're avail somewhere down there - I'm in New Brunswick Canada and up here they're $45 + 15%tax (6.75). Hope they're cheaper down there -' but it's a dry heat' gotta love it. I haven't been down there for 50 years !!
    Hey She Shoots - WELCOME to this Savage World glad you're enjoying you're '17 !! I've got a Marlin 60 and a Savage 64 for semis, just got the B22 last Fall. I love shooting 1/2" groups for a change. O'course, not lately. My range has 2 feet of snow and more coming tomorrow!! I used to live in Melbourne back in 69, just b4 the Moon shot. Both you guys have a good deal with the weather right now. I'm hoping to get out to the range in 4-6 weeks, if we get a good 'melt'.

Thanks for replying,
    please keep 'Shooters' going, it's slow in the Winter and I'm bored

Ed

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasteddie01 View Post
    Hi - I've heard mixed comments about the BC 25-mags function in A22s and I was considering one for my B22. I'm in Eastern Canada and no one up here has any of the 10-round mags on-line, that I can find.
    So - Has anyone used the 25s in their B22s ? Luckily I bought a couple extra 10s when I bought the rifle, but even 3 go quick when on a long range day ( I'm retired, so they usually go long ) and I have almost 15K rounds for this Summer ( I stocked up last Fall & Winter - They're getting thin up here now, too)
    FastEddie: Speaking of availability -- What's it like in your neck of the woods for .22LR (such as CCI SV etc)? None available in Tucson, AZ. How about small pistol 9mm primers? None of that available here either. I reload 9mm and have the bullets, casings and powder but am getting low on primers. As a result I don't shoot a lot of it and match participation has dropped way off at my range. Gun broker has some primers but their asking price is off the chart. Some companies are selling 9mm ammo but at $1.00 per round plus a match fee of $15.00 and then firing about 80 rounds makes it for a very costly match -- too costly for this hillbilly country boy!!

Basic Member

Thumbs Up

Hey Don - I cleaned out my LGS of 'good' 22 ammo like CCI-SV (1000), Fed Champion SV 40g (5K), SK+ (only 500rnds of that), Fed AutoMatch (ca 2K - my Savage 64 likes it ), Herters HV (the 64 again ). He still has small quantities of various brands - Aguila (several flavors), Rem Golden, Eley Club, Rem/Eley, but hardly anything over 20 boxes. He does have lots of 22Mag of several brands. The store used be a Pawn shop and sell X-DVDS, and "Herbal Equipment" and some of the older 'Fudds' won't go in for fear of being "contaminated" (Pawn shops here in New Brunswick don't deal in firearms - Regs are too tight).
    We have a BassPro in town and they've been out of almost ALL ammo untill the past couple weeks, just starting to get some in stock but the aisle that was 20 feet long and 6ft high is now half that height (just as long, but the bottom shelves are now ammo cans and rifle cases). Only a little 22 there, mostly 'high-priced spread' of quality high-cal ammo.
    Now as for the primers, the Bass Pro carries some, as well as bullets and brass and powder. There is also a LGS about 75miles away that has good stock in all sizes, too. Federal Small Pistol goes about $60CDN/1000, CCi is about $55, Rem and Win are $50 but out of stock at that LGS. He seems to have lots of small rifle and large rifle, too. That shortage hasn't hit out here yet, but there are only about 2 million people within a 500 mile radius ! Most reloaders I know had a good supply before this C-shortage hit. Out in the Western provinces they're getting 'thin' and buying whatever they find.

Been real lucky saw 17hmr on ammo shop several weeks ago at less than 14. for 50 so I bought a bunch. I started collecting ammo for everything in our household 2 years ago and am supplied pretty well. I go to my local walmart every morning at 7am to see what they get in and they get some in every day just never know what. Last week it was all shotshells except for one box of 308. Several weeks ago they got golden buckets of 22LR and about ten boxes of HMR 17s. Lots of ammo being sold at flea markets but damn its high! I am thrilled to report I am now ( as of this morning) officially qualified to shot on our local long range 200 yards I gualed with my 17A and this was the first time I fired at 100Yards. Great gun!

butler Creek mags

I have 6 of the BC 25 round mags and love them they do not hang up like the factory ten rounders do