I have run into a whole line of frustrations with this stock, so I just want some outside perspective. I've had a Boyd's classic stock on my .338-06 for two years with maybe 250 rounds through it. I had the action out of the stock the other day and when I went to put it back together I had the action screws protruding into the action and binding up my bolt. Thought it was weird so i kept trying to figure out what was going on with it, as it has never done this before. That's when I discovered the crack in the stock in the high part between the recoil lug and the magazine well, and about 1/2" deep. It is out of Boyd's warranty frame as well as it was one of their Rapid Fire discounted stocks due to a ding in the comb when I bought it. The best they can do for me is a 10% coupon code on a new stock.

This stock already has crossbolts installed when I bought it. I had bedded it before i shot it at all with ProBed 2000. What are my options here? I have been doing some research into this and am not coming up with any good suggestions besides injecting Acraglass into the crack and clamping it closed. My initial thought on this was to carve out the crack a bit or drill a series of holes along it, to inject epoxy into and then pillar bed over the top of it once it was cured. Any thoughts? I would appreciate any help you guys can provide. I'll try to get some pictures posted later.