Thread: Stock Recommendation: 110 Long Range Hunter .308

Stock Recommendation: 110 Long Range Hunter .308

Model: Savage 110 Long Range Hunter .308

I have been looking for an aftermarket stock or chassis system for my 110 Long Range Hunter in .308 which i am told is short action. i have contacted Boyd's customer service because i am a HUGE fan of thumbhole stocks and they told me that since i have the savage model with the Hinged Floor Plate design they do not carry a stock that would fit my rifle? i have even logged onto the website and when i use the rifle configurator i choose the Model 110 with bottom bolt release there are only options for Long Action stocks with a detachable magazine. i was hoping to get a nice Boyds that would convert my hinged floor plate to a detachable mag but since mine is in .308 it is short action (?) and it appears they do not offer?

I am a bit new to shooting, does this sound right or do i have my information wrong? Everyone raves about Boyds as a decent option for the money so i found it hard pressed to believe they didn't carry a compatible stock that fits my rifle...

Option B was to go with a Chassis but i quickly found out that most of the higher end companies you need to purchase the grip and butt stock separate, quickly adding to price. the one exception i have found is ORYX which appears to offer a Savage Short Action.

Anyone that has any advice on this will be greatly appreciated.

Basic Member
    You can still order a Boyd's stock, but you will need to configure the stock to a Model 10 or 12 Bottom Bolt Release if you want to change over to a Blind magazine or DBM style magazine. Then you will have to order the bottom metal and magazines from Savage to fit the Boyd's stock.

Basic Member
    You might want to take a look at the archangel by promag. I just ordered one for my model 10. I wanted to get the Oryx but the only shipping option they have is USPS, which I don't trust to deliver anything anymore. I'm still waiting on things from Christmas that was shipped back in November.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Not sure about your price range or intended use, but here are a couple other options -

http://bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm?category=1040

https://hsprecision.com/product-cate...24-product_cat

I have a Boyds Pro Varmint on my .22 Savage, and it's fine, but I like the HS Precision stock on my Model 10 better. Boyds stocks can be hit-or-miss from what I've gathered.

Boyds Pro Varmint in the foreground, HS Precision in back -

I just put an orxy chassis on my 110 went on with no issues.

You have a short action. By removing a part or two you could have a blind mag rifle or add a few and you can have a DBM setup. Before you make a lot of changes buy some ammo and shoot. As you gain knowledge then you can get a stock that meets your needs and desires rather than settle for something and be unhappy.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Thats a nice stock. Do you know if they have it in a Savage 110 LONG ACTION? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bwhunter65 View Post
    I just put an orxy chassis on my 110 went on with no issues.

Thats a very nice chassis. Do you know if they make it for that long action Savage 110??? Thanks

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geneackley View Post
    Thats a nice stock. Do you know if they have it in a Savage 110 LONG ACTION? Thanks.
    Look here, They might have what you want.

https://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage/

Basic Member
    If a semi-inletted, unfinished stock will work for you, check Richards Microfit.