Thread: Simple 110 la stock?

Basic Member

Simple 110 la stock?

Is there such a thing for a stagger feed 30-06?
    The rifle is great, off the bench, but as soon as I try off hand with a sling, the stock flexes, bends all over. I want a simple solid replacement, no chassis, the Boyd's are nice but I don't want wood. I feel like I'm going "retro" putting together a hunting rifle.

Take a look at Hogue.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    Not super thrilled with the Hogue coating. I guess I need an old wood stock to replace the plastic. Just looking for a solid hunting gun. Anyone upgrade and have something collecting dust?

Sending you a PM.

I bought a factory stock at Numrich Arms, just after Thanksgiving.

Why not just bed that stock? Sure, fill the whole thing, right up with epoxy. I know of folks who who fill it with concrete or mortar. No kidding.
    Stevens 110E Series K #Gunblue490 Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by CTShooter View Post
    Is there such a thing for a stagger feed 30-06?
    The rifle is great, off the bench, but as soon as I try off hand with a sling, the stock flexes, bends all over. I want a simple solid replacement, no chassis, the Boyd's are nice but I don't want wood. I feel like I'm going "retro" putting together a hunting rifle.

I am new to the Savage world, but I too became very frustrated recently when trying to find aftermarket tactical style stocks for a long action Savage. PERHAPS THEY ARE OUT THERE, but I sure as hell couldn't find any of my liking or price range; I wanted something like the KRG BRAVO with a detachable bottom magazine.

Anyway, I finally surrendered to the fact that the "aftermarket stock universe" seems to belong mostly to actions with a REMINGTON 700 footprint... and even more so for the short action rifles than the long; Just facts.

So this probably wont help you, but I finally solved my problem by ordering a Nucleus action from American Rifle Company up in Washington. Their actions have a REMINGTON 700 footprint, but accept Savage small shank prefit barrels too... in other words, they gave me the best of both worlds!!!

But I was further enthused by the fact that its a modern toroidal three lugged CONTROL FEED Mauser action (super smooth) and that the bolt heads can easily be swapped out for caliber changes. What else could you ask for?

Anyway, like I said above, this information may not help you any, but that's the only way I SAW to solve the lack of aftermarket Savage compatible stocks!!!

By the way, one extra benefit of this move was the fact that the Nucleus Mauser actions DO NOT have the notorious weak ejection issues often attributed to Savage rifles....

THE DOWN side is that the action alone cost 1012 dollar shipped to my FFL.... which can buy you a lot of brand new Savage rifle... albeit still with the aforementioned poor stock option problems.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Gene

Basic Member
    Problem solved, went with plan b, GaCop provided me with an affordable wood stock.

Filling the plastic stock with a bunch of what ever isn't really what I need for a hunting rifle.

It would be nice if there were more options, this should make a solid field gun, and I'm not going to worry about a solid wood stock. My Swedish Mauser is 112 years and and it's wood stock is fine.

Basic Member
    Problem solved, went with plan b, GaCop provided me with an affordable wood stock.

Filling the plastic stock with a bunch of what ever isn't really what I need for a hunting rifle.

It would be nice if there were more options, this should make a solid field gun, and I'm not going to worry about a solid wood stock. My Swedish Mauser is 112 years and and it's wood stock is fine.
    Those Swedes probably hadnt learned how to make things out of plastic back then.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Those Swedes probably hadnt learned how to make things out of plastic back then.
    Maybe they were smart enough to know better....

Basic Member
    So far so good, action mounted, going to make a range trip and then I think refinish with an oil finish.
    Now I need a blued metal trigger guard and look out elk.

Maybe they were smart enough to know better....

The synthetic stock on my Savage 112 long action in 223 rem. had the flex problem also. After looking around and finding very few available options I purchased a Bell and Carlson M40 synthetic stock . So far I could not h be more pleased with the stock. Now knowing how well the stock performs it would place high on my list of stocks in both the looks and performance categories.

I believe Bell and Carlson has a nice one.