What do you guys think? We've all been shooting Savages and everything else for year but this is a definitely something out of the ordinary. Here's my expert opinion on something I absolutely know nothing about.

I'm not sure what anyone else thinks but this rifle seems to have it all plus a bag of nuts. It has all the Savage qualities, interchangeable barrels (I understand it will take 110 barrels, I hope so!), interchangeable bolt heads and left handed. It then adds in some extras. The left handedness is on every rifle, That may not be important to most folks but to people like me who've lost sight in their right eye it's a big deal. I'm also a fan of straight pull actions. I have always thought they were cool. I have a Swiss K31 and a Ross MK111 that while antiques, they're real sweethearts to run. I understand this type of action is supposed to be quite strong. I'll take folks word for that based on the other companies that use it. They will have to prove the accuracy claims. I hope they can. It would really suck and be DOA out of the box if it has even mediocre accuracy. I'll have to get used to the looks. It's not ugly but it's not drop dead beautiful either. The last hurdle I think will be if the aftermarket folks will support it. That will depend on solely on sales.

So these are unique features and salient points I've come up with:

1. Interchangeable barrels, compatible with 110 barrels...thank god
2. Interchangeable bolt heads, not compatible with the 110...obviously
3. Left handed, left handed and right handed on every rifle...Nice!
4. The bolt handle can be adjusted to any angle...eh, OK.
5. Straight pull bolt...cool. This could be a love it or hate it thing.
6. Integral picatinny rail, this is something I like
7. Strong action lockup, I would hope so. They keep showing elephant hunters in the videos.
8. Trigger adjustment without removing the action from the stock, This could be a problem as the bottom metal is now all one piece.

One big problem may be that the bottom metal is all one piece. Because of this, there would be no way for anyone to make their own and be compatible with AICS magazines. That could be a barrier for some of the high end chassis makers.

Another issue is that none of the aftermarket triggers will fit it. To those of you who love the AccuTrigger that's not a problem. To folks like me, it's an issue. I'm hoping that TriggerTech comes out with a Diamond trigger for this. That would be freakin' awesome

Also I've noticed that in none of the videos or literature no one one is talking about how smooth the action is. I wonder if it's stiff or notchy?

So that is my expert, hands off, completely clueless opinion...