Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The wait for impulse

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    I don't think that's correct. I have read seveal places and seen seen Savage YouTube videos where they have said that all barrels that use their barrel nut system will work. This is providing they use the same shank size, which is the large shank. The head bolts of course do not interchange but the barrels do. The head spacing is accomplished the same way as before, by adjusting the barrel in or out and using Go, No-Go gauges then tightening the barrel nut.
    I found this at https://www.gunsweek.com/sites/defau...mpulse_FAQ.pdf

Q: Are there components of this rifle that are compatible with the Savage 110?A: Yes. The barrels, magazines, and AccuFit components are compatible with other Savage Model 110s

Well, after talking to Savage yet again today, looks like I'm looking at sometime in November now as the ETA for my Impulse Predator in .22-250. Hopeful, but definitely not holding my breath.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    Well, after talking to Savage yet again today, looks like I'm looking at sometime in November now as the ETA for my Impulse Predator in .22-250. Hopeful, but definitely not holding my breath.
    I feel for you. I'm now a hunt for a Savage Impulse BIg Game in 300 WSM. I've never see one of those for sale, ever. I have set up searches in Gunbroker but so far no joy.

There's definitely something going on with these given their scarcity. Whether it's a production issue, supply issue, labor issue or whatever there just doesn't seem to many getting out of the factory.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    There's definitely something going on with these given their scarcity. Whether it's a production issue, supply issue, labor issue or whatever there just doesn't seem to many getting out of the factory.
    Unless you want a hog hunter in 300 win Mag.
    I think Savage is going to trickle out other impulse rifles until all of those 300 Win Mags on Gun Broker sell first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12