Thread: secure loose single shot adapter?

secure loose single shot adapter?

Ok, so I really got my 12fv for bench use and feeding rounds into that single stack centerfeed mag with a scope on, etc. is just a PITA.

So I ordered a SSS single shot tray from kinneysshootingsupply.com (they rock on service and shipping!)

Managed to get old centerfeed mag out and the tray fits in but any kind of jiggling of the rifle - like say, when it is in the case in my car and I go over my bumpy drive way on the way to the range - will cause it to fall out of position.

I've read here in the forums that a little dab of epoxy will hold it in place. But what type of epoxy and where exactly should this little dab go?

So... in the "related threads" links at the bottom of the page for this post I found a reference to the L-clip being needed to keep it in place. That did indeed get me fixed up, not sure why the post didn't show when I was searching the forums.

Anyway, for others in the future.... the L-clip needs to stay in the gun, the loading ramp will rest on it and stay in place. May need to use double sided tape, etc. to hold L clip in place while re-assembling. In the thread I mentioned someone said they used bedding compound to keep the ramp in place, but that seems rather "forever" to me.

That's exactly what I had to do with mine a few years ago. I used some J&B Weld front and rear and it has not moved in 5 years. Just be sure to degrease everything well.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    Which cartridge did not allow single feed with the stock magazine in place?

My 12BVSS in .308 I just lay the round on the feed rails and it feeds fine. The Axis in .223 I cannot (it has a DBM). The little .223 case does not get the bullet 'high' enough to enter the chamber.

Basic Member
    I placed the original 12FV blind mag follower and spring under the SSS feed ramp. This places more than enough tension under the ramp to firmly hold it in place. I have done this with two rifles now and it has worked well.

Basic Member
    I've done two different things to hold the single shot sled in place. First time I just filled the mag cutout in the stock with modeling clay, just kept adding clay until it was locked in place. After rebarreling it, I was trying some different things with the stock, so I just used some high strength aluminum tape to hold it in place. Just a couple of different ways to skin that cat . Later.

Dave

Basic Member
    A styro-foam block works well, also.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."