Last week I bought a Savage 110 Ultralight chambered in 28 Nosler. I was having issues with the magazine feeding correctly while breaking in the barrel. The magazine capacity is only 2 rounds. The first round feeds fine but something happens in between chambering the first and the second. The second round gets pushed forward to where the tip of the bullet is popped up over the front lip of the clip. The bolt does not even touch the rim of the end of the cartridge to feed into the chamber. It gets pushed forward about a centimeter.

The magazine fits in to the mag well and does feed the first round ok. The magazine that was sent with my rifle has the following stamped on the magazine: "375 ruger, 300 win mag, caution use only cal stamped on BBL." I am not sure if this is the correct magazine or not, it is obviously not stamped for 28 Nosler. I was curious if this is the magazine that savage is sending out in their rifles for this cartridge, or did the wrong magazine come with my rifle? If it is the wrong magazine then I guess the fix is simple, get the right magazine.

If this IS the correct magazine then what should I try to get the rounds to feed correctly?