So I've been hunting with my factory model 11 trophy hunter .308 for years, and I'm mostly happy with it's performance, but being the type that can't leave well enough alone, I'm ready to play around some. First thing first I'm looking at upgrading from the tupperware factory stock. My rifle has the bottom bolt release, detachable box mag, and plastic trigger guard.

The question: Boyds At-One Thumbhole Wood Stock or MDT LSS XL Gen 2 chassis?

The considerations: the boyds stock is cheaper but after the seeming rigamarole of trying to find bottom metal I'd have a persistent itch to scratch about bedding the thing, which I'm not ready to try on my own.

The MDT chassis seems pretty straightforward with a super appealing instant gratification angle, plus the options for future customization. Downsides are I prefer the look of the boyds, and the MDT doesn't come with a buttstock, so that adds to the cost.

There isn't much direct comparison between the two online, so I'm wondering if y'all have opinions about them that may help. This is my go to hunting rifle, but both seem up to the task.