Thread: Need Help With 110 Elite Bolt

Need Help With 110 Elite Bolt

First things first....I’m no mechanic by any means....

I bought a bolt lift kit from Grimsted Desh and thought I put it together properly but obviously didn’t.

When I went back to look at the video I saw that my firing pin assembly is different from the two he shows on YouTube.

I want to put it back together as original, but can’t find details through searches or videos.....

Here’s a photo of my stripped parts.....

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer....

Last edited by Vartarg; 01-16-2021 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Email

Basic Member
    The round and notched washer...did you take the firing spring apart at some point? Cause they need to go back between the cocking piece and spring:

https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...Assembly-Parts

Yes, I did....******! I think I suspected it, but didn’t really want to go through getting the cocking piece back on the spring again.

Thank you....

Anything you noticed....?

George

Basic Member
    It looks complete. Of course when you completely pull the firing pin assembly apart you have to set the spring length and firing pin protrusion. The spring length measurement escapes me but set the pin protrusion to .035-.045"

I got it done....and the bolt works...many thanks for your help!!!

What is your firing pin protrusion?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Looks like about .040”

I bought one of those kits for an older Savage but I didn't notice any difference. My new Elite Precision bolt is extremely tight compared to my older bolt and I am wondering if the kit will make a larger difference one this one. I have to take the bolt apart and see what the internals look like.

These articles might be informative if you are looking at fixing your bolt problem. The difference with your system is the hole in the BAS and the cocking indicator on the rear of the cocking piece. Anytime you add something between the cocking piec sleeve and the BAS the same amount should be machined from the face of the BAS. Fred Moreo(Sharpshooter on here) wrote the book on this and more. Read everything he post and remember it.

This info may help with your trigger issue as well. It is all about looking at the bigger picture. when you make one change you affect something else.

https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...rotrusion-Data

https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...ng-Pin-Strikes

Many thanks....

Mine is also extremely tight, not sure how accurate it is to use a trigger scale but mine measured just over 9 lbs. I was hoping general use would smooth it out some but so far that has not been the case. I was looking for fixes when I came across this forum, and the kit by grimstoddesh. If any of you guys have used it in the Elite Precision I would love to hear how it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Raydee38 View Post
    I bought one of those kits for an older Savage but I didn't notice any difference. My new Elite Precision bolt is extremely tight compared to my older bolt and I am wondering if the kit will make a larger difference one this one. I have to take the bolt apart and see what the internals look like.

Quote Originally Posted by portersandstouts View Post
    Mine is also extremely tight, not sure how accurate it is to use a trigger scale but mine measured just over 9 lbs. I was hoping general use would smooth it out some but so far that has not been the case. I was looking for fixes when I came across this forum, and the kit by grimstoddesh. If any of you guys have used it in the Elite Precision I would love to hear how it worked.

Maybe you could start your own thread and we could focus on your particular problem with potential solutions for you.