Thread: Savage Ultralight Proof Research action vs regular action

Savage Ultralight Proof Research action vs regular action

Does anybody know the spacing of the new Savage Ultralight Proof Research .308? If I read correctly, anything with the Accufit has a different recoil lug, so I was wondering if anything else is different from the classic actions (4.40 spacing)

BUMP

Nobody on here has disassembled the Ultralight?

Team Savage
    It's the same spacing as the standard actions. All they did was mill out areas to take an ounce off of it. That's it.

The models that use the Accustock have a different recoil lug than the models that don't, like the Lightweight hunter/storm and the trophy hunter. Those have the tapered recoil lug. The actions sold with the Accustock have a recoil lug with parallel sides.

Basic Member
    Newtosavage has it right, but i have to add some clarification so the OP is not confused. The accufit and the accustock are two different things. The accufit uses the traditional recoil lug. The accufit is the one on the ultralite.

That’s good to know. I just assumed it had the same recoil lug as the Accustock. I was asking about the Ultralight because I have a 10 in B&C and thought if I bought one and don’t like the Accufit I’d swap it.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by want2ride View Post
    Newtosavage has it right, but i have to add some clarification so the OP is not confused. The accufit and the accustock are two different things. The accufit uses the traditional recoil lug. The accufit is the one on the ultralite.
    good addition.

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by Twofst2c View Post
    That’s good to know. I just assumed it had the same recoil lug as the Accustock. I was asking about the Ultralight because I have a 10 in B&C and thought if I bought one and don’t like the Accufit I’d swap it.
    You can put a barreled action designed for the accustock into another Savage stock, but not the other way around, if that make sense.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtosavage View Post
    You can put a barreled action designed for the accustock into another Savage stock, but not the other way around, if that make sense.
    The only difference being the lug is that correct?

Team Savage
    Quote Originally Posted by shaffe48 View Post
    The only difference being the lug is that correct?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by want2ride View Post
    You're "kinda" right. There are two AccuFit stocks with one being specific to the 110 Ultralite.

There's the AccuFit that has both the adjustable LOP and adjustable comb height, which also features the AccuStock aluminum skeleton. This is the original AccuFit stock as it was when it was first launched and uses the shorter AccuStock style recoil lug.

Then there's what I call the AccuFit Lite that has both the adjustable LOP and adjustable comb height, but doesn't have the AccuStock aluminum reinforcement. This is the one that comes on the 110 Ultralite and the aluminum reinforcement skeleton was omitted to help keep the weight down. This one uses a standard full length recoil lug.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Baker View Post
    You're "kinda" right. There are two AccuFit stocks with one being specific to the 110 Ultralite.

There's the AccuFit that has both the adjustable LOP and adjustable comb height, which also features the AccuStock aluminum skeleton. This is the original AccuFit stock as it was when it was first launched and uses the shorter AccuStock style recoil lug.

Then there's what I call the AccuFit Lite that has both the adjustable LOP and adjustable comb height, but doesn't have the AccuStock aluminum reinforcement. This is the one that comes on the 110 Ultralite and the aluminum reinforcement skeleton was omitted to help keep the weight down. This one uses a standard full length recoil lug.
    Interesting! Thanks for the info.