Thread: Savage 110 LRH 6.5 Creedmoor question.

Savage 110 LRH 6.5 Creedmoor question.

Hey guys, I'm a new LR shooter and am looking at getting the 110 LRH in 6.5, can someone please help me with some question I have? I know there has to be a thread here already that'll answer them. I don't want to start a whole new redundant thread 👍🏽 main goal is to shoot precision long range, and what's available right now is the 110 LRH 6.5

Question 1. Am I able to convert the 110 LRH to detachable magazine

Question 2. Is the 110 LRH short action or long action?

Question 3. How available is aftermarket precision chassis for it?

1 You would have to change the stock.
    2 Short action
    3 I don't know what the current market is but normally the selection is good.

When someone talks about shooting long range I think, are they going to be sending multiple rounds down range or are they hunting where it will be one or two shots. Barrel profile is a big consideration. A lot of guys single load if they are shooting targets...Not everyone but it factors in on magazine choice.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    The long range hunter has a hinged floor plate. Sell that one and buy the appropriate dbm that you are looking for. No need to change stocks unless you want to

Thanks guys for the input, I figured buying the 110 hunter and then a chassis would be a bit of financial mistake, anyone have suggestions on where to start? Like I mention I'm new to long range precision shooting. I dontbhave any intention to hunt with the 6.5, I'd like to compete with it. Any shops or links I can find a barreled action?

Basic Member
    Nothing wrong with competing with that gun. The barrel isn’t that heavy but that’s ok. Shoot it and get some experience and upgrade later.
    I like the krg chasis. Affordable. They have a mag well in the chasis. No need for dbm. Buy some ai mags and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanzo12 View Post
    Thanks guys for the input, I figured buying the 110 hunter and then a chassis would be a bit of financial mistake, anyone have suggestions on where to start? Like I mention I'm new to long range precision shooting. I dontbhave any intention to hunt with the 6.5, I'd like to compete with it. Any shops or links I can find a barreled action?
    You could buy the components if you feel like you are up to that task. Action, barrel and nut and chassis. Somewhere between 13 and 15 hundred maybe a lot less depending on the chassis. Plus or minus and no optics or mounts. You would have the rifle you wanted and could get some money back out of it if you needed to.
    Im Glad Grouse Chimed in about the mags. I agree with him on whatever you get just getting trigger time is good. However a factory slim barrel moves around when warm and sometimes they need serious cleaning after a good session. An aftermarket barrel with the profile you need that has been lapped will not give you that trouble.

If you were to buy the LRH you do have the option to sell the barrel and stock. For me, going through all that is a hassle waiting on funds and shipping etc...
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.