Thread: Accutrigger doesn't always reset are there aftermarket options?

Angry Accutrigger doesn't always reset are there aftermarket options?

I'm 250 rounds into my A22 22LR precision and I'm finding the trigger won't always reset on it's own. I'll need to nudge it to get the silver safety bar to click forward resetting the hammer. Are there any DIY fixes for this? Also, are there aftermarket trigger options for the Precision model? Will the Jard assembly fit?

Basic Member
    Hi and welcome - I have just a B22FV but I believe the action is similar. I've had my action apart and have the trigger down about 1.5# and have no issues with the trigger, but issues like this intrigue me so I researched a bit on YT and other forums. The only thing that seems to be like your problem was on this forum, tho it's for a diff rifle. Still it suggests a likely issue that may be your problem. Have you 1-had the action out of the stock to check while out? 2-Adjusted the torque on the action screws? I hope this at least guides you towards a solution.
    http s://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?64445-Accu-trigger-problem-110-tactical
    Best wishes for the New Year,
    Ed

What happens when you increase the tension on the trigger return spring?
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Back with an update. I took the trigger completely apart, cleaned every component and reassembled and it is functioning properly. As far as action screw tension is concerned I have torqued them to spec since new. It seems that from the factory something was maybe out of alignment when assembled or the lubrication collected enough dust to become problematic. I polished the sear as well which eliminated some crunchy creep that it had from the factory.

I still don't like this trigger at all and haven't gotten an answer from JARD on whether theirs will fit the Precision chassis. Regardless, if I'm not overly concerned with competition level accuracy this is a super fun rifle to proactive fundamentals with.