Thread: Stock Help - Savage 110 Tactical Hunter

Stock Help - Savage 110 Tactical Hunter

I'm looking for a replacement stock for my Savage 110 Tactical Hunter. It's turned out this an abomination of a gun that is a Bass Pro exclusive with some weird options and I'm having a hard time finding stocks for it. Here's a link to the gun.

It has the Savage proprietary 4 round detachable magazine. The action holes from center to center are about 4.4 inches. It has a bottom bolt release (release is on the trigger guard). I'd like to keep the Savage mags if possible.

I've done hours of research and can't figure out exactly what I should be looking for. I like the price point of Boyd's stuff (~$200) but I sent them an email asking for help and they said they don't make anything for this gun. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I'm confused as to what stocks will work, and what additional items I'll need in order to keep using the Savage mags.

Basic Member
    You didn't mention your intended use for the rifle.

The key characteristics for finding a stock for this rifle are 4.40 inch action spacing, center feed, bottom bolt release, and detachable magazine.

Your rifle has a medium contour barrel which may be too large for the barrel channel on a sporter stock. You can always open up the channel if necessary. Here a few ideas to consider.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index....tegory_ID=1088

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index....tegory_ID=1140

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index....tegory_ID=1127

Stay away from HS Precision because their Savage stocks are set up for top bolt release models only.

I didn't see anything in the description about it being an Accustock model. If it is, you will want to check with Bell and Carlson to see if it will still fit. The Accustock has a different recoil lug that may or may not fit an aftermarket stock.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyD11730 View Post
    That helps a ton, thank you! Looks like the Choat will most likely fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2905 View Post
    You didn't mention your intended use for the rifle.

The key characteristics for finding a stock for this rifle are 4.40 inch action spacing, center feed, bottom bolt release, and detachable magazine.

Your rifle has a medium contour barrel which may be too large for the barrel channel on a sporter stock. You can always open up the channel if necessary. Here a few ideas to consider.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index....tegory_ID=1088

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index....tegory_ID=1140

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index....tegory_ID=1127

Stay away from HS Precision because their Savage stocks are set up for top bolt release models only.

I didn't see anything in the description about it being an Accustock model. If it is, you will want to check with Bell and Carlson to see if it will still fit. The Accustock has a different recoil lug that may or may not fit an aftermarket stock.
    Good point, the use of this rifle will be 95% range gun (mostly bench rest) and a slight chance I might want to hunt some day. If the replacement stock is too heavy I could always throw the factory stock back on for that purpose. This information was very helpful though, thank you!

emc019, did you ever make a decision/purchase? I also have a Tactical Hunter and am looking for replacement stock options.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emc019 View Post
    I'm looking for a replacement stock for my Savage 110 Tactical Hunter. It's turned out this an abomination of a gun that is a Bass Pro exclusive with some weird options and I'm having a hard time finding stocks for it. Here's a link to the gun.

It has the Savage proprietary 4 round detachable magazine. The action holes from center to center are about 4.4 inches. It has a bottom bolt release (release is on the trigger guard). I'd like to keep the Savage mags if possible.

I've done hours of research and can't figure out exactly what I should be looking for. I like the price point of Boyd's stuff (~$200) but I sent them an email asking for help and they said they don't make anything for this gun. Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I'm confused as to what stocks will work, and what additional items I'll need in order to keep using the Savage mags.

There is an accu stock in the classified ads right nowwith the correct spacing.

I just received my Bell and Carlson Varmint/Tactical stock yesterday and installed it today. It was a drop in for my Savage 10FP SR heavy 22" barrel with 4.40" action hole spacing. This is my second Savage stock from them so I am anxious to try it out. You can call them or email and either way, you get quick responses. My rifle has a blind magazine so yours will require a different stock number but for $300, I am totally happy. I got the brown with the black webbing.

5 Rules for Happiness:
    free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

BigJeepMan........Nice looking stock!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Gifford View Post
    BigJeepMan........Nice looking stock!

Thank you ...
    5 Rules for Happiness:
    free your heart from hatred ... free your mind from worries ... live simply ... give more ... expect less

Basic Member
    I am restocking my 11 with wood but don't know if the accustock will work for you. It is 4.4", bottom bolt release, floorplate design. I won't be using the floorplate. Midway had pictures of the regular and accustock tyoes of recoil lugs, and it would be easy to profile a regular lug by rounding the corners and maybe the shoulders at the tops of the verticals. It looks like a substantial stock, but I don't care for polymer stocks.

The original poster hasn't been here online since 11-15-20. Perhaps he is done with his project.
    5 Rules for Happiness: