Thread: 110 Ultralite Action Accurizing

110 Ultralite Action Accurizing

Hello all,

I just ordered a 110 Ultralite. I’ve done a bit of homework on them, but I’m curious if anybody had spent any time looking at the action on their Ultralite. Savage calls them factory blueprinted actions, but I couldn’t find much information on what all was done to the 110 Ultralite actions that differed from a standard 110 action. Any squaring/truing/lapping/polishing that needs to be done?

I thought I’d reach out to the community and see if there was any advice out there before mine came in.

Thanks in advance

110 Ultralite Action Accurizing

Best thing you can do is bed it to the stock. The front of the action and the recoil lug.

The barrel is a proof research. Not savage as I’m sure you have read.
    So the bolt face and barrel were put on and “blue printed” I guess adjusted for correct head space. I doubt they are hand lapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After pillar and bedding, use good quality rings and a decent scope. The next thing to do is load workup.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    This thread interests me. If I were to hunt out west I would want this rifle in 280 ack....I think. And if I were to get this rifle I think I would go for a hunt out west. Quite the conundrum.

or start building one.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Advice would be to shoot it. It’s an ultralight hunting gun not a 1000 yard BR gun. I’m sure it will suffice for it’s intended purposes right out of the box.

In my everyday life, I use the phrase “aim small, miss small” very often, but rarely about shooting, guns or anything related. It’s such a great thing to remind people of when they are trying to achieve almost any goal (unless the goal is to miss). That being said, I’m thinking I’ll take the same approach with the rifle. Dial it in as accurate as possible so that I’m aiming small.

It’s getting closer to the end of season, the freezer is full and I have plenty of time. I’d like to do what I can before I start shooting. Heck, maybe Santa will buy himself a new scope after the kiddos open all of their gifts this year

Basic Member
    some people don't like the stock and swap it out. But for a lightweight hunting rifle, i find it is by far my most accurate as it comes from the factory. I have a kimber 7m-08 adirondak and it shoots just over an MOA, a Savage lightweight hunter .270 and it is just under an MOA, a Kimber Classic Select 280ai that shoots under 7/8 MOA and a 300 WSM ultralite that shoots under a half MOA. Needless to say it is going to be my main elk hunting rifle next time i get to Montana. I just picked up a 28 Nosler in a Savage Ultralite last week from the Local Gun Shop, and i hope it is closer to the other Ultralite than the other lightweight hunting rifles in accuracy. something with that much range, i will be thrilled if it is under 3/4 average.

IMO The biggest accuracy improvement you can make to any modern rifle is to hand load and tune a load for it.
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.